1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photography courses.....for free!

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by MARKBETTS, Oct 26, 2011.

1. MARKBETTS

MARKBETTS Active Member

are there any free sites, that give the oppertunity to course work type of file/portfolio just like you would if you was taking it up as a subject at school/collage??

2. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

college is free?

sheez... wish I knew that before I had to pay my course fees for the next few years!

3. MARKBETTS

MARKBETTS Active Member

Certainly don't have the time for that...

4. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Don't have time... It depends what you want from life.

I've put the rest of my (work) life on hold to spend three (maybe four) years at college/uni to get the qualifications I need to take my career forward.

After working in an industry I get totally sick off for 25yrs I thought it was time to change track.

Luckily I've got a supportive partner who is able to help me to do this.

As for the free resources you are looking for, I haven't seen any.

5. MARKBETTS

MARKBETTS Active Member

In the ideal world. I'd like to be able to do that. The "industry" you been looking in, you have been doing for longest than I have been alive lol.....Unfortunately I'm a single parent who has to work the hours I can to get all the money I can, and very rarely, once a month have a weekend to myself to be able to do that...... so in my situation I can't put anything on "hold"... so what I want in life I'm afraid is more important than photography, that is just a side hobby way down my list of priorities,

6. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

Here are a few photography tutorial sites you may find useful. There are many others - try typing "Photography Tutorial" into your favourite search engine... :)

Cambridge in Colour

Ron Bigelow

Photoxels

7. MARKBETTS

MARKBETTS Active Member

Cheers for that.... load of stuff doing a search for that....guess its just a case of doing my own "coursework" type project