1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photographer wins 'monkey selfie' legal fight

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Learning, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

2. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Missed the focus on the eyes anyway, can't see what all the noise is about :)

3. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Can they train the monkey to sign prints?

4. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Possibly, but he's currently too busy typing the complete works of Shakespeare.

5. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

He started on the works of Shakespeare but had to break off to negotiate a book deal.

6. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

I wonder just how much PETA wasted on this?
    All because they used a photo without permission (If I remember correctly) and then tried to fob it off as a fight for animal 'rights':rolleyes:

They have gone down a lot in my estimation. Wiki shows that in 2014 they had an income of $43 million. They couldn't just pay a man for a photo?

7. saxacat

saxacat Well-Known Member

PETA appears to care more about its balance sheet, than animal welfare.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/05/pets-shelter-euthanization-rate_n_6612490.html

8. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

9. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Interesting that Roger, considering what the E in PETA stands for!

E for Ethical!

10. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I thought it stood for "eat". ;)

11. AndyTake2

That is interesting.
    50 million a year income and they kill all those animals? It's also interesting how one's opinion can change suddenly - they are now not just low, they are on the list of pus-sucking $hit heads who should be buried up to their necks in pig $hit - upside down. But that's just one man's opinion:(

12. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

That might be more accurate

13. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

They have not gone down in my estimation whatsoever. They, and any other animal charity have never been up in my estimation ever.

14. AndyTake2

I have a lot of respect for many animal charities. PETA do some good work around the world, but one is judged by one's lows, not highs.
    For an organisation to do good work around the world and then kill animals on their own doorstep is...well, I would probably get a ban for saying it here.

They don't realise that killing pet animals only increases the number of strays, and increases the likelihood that more pets will come from puppy farms.

15. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Exactly - they are so hell bent on fulfilling their own agenda that they never seem to consider the wider implications.

16. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

An unfortunate trait shared by all these single issue organisations sad to say.

17. Roger Hicks

Dear Geoff,

That was pretty much the point. I had assumed that most people knew what it stood for.

Cheers,

R.

18. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Sorry Roger, I have had a long week!
    I do however suspect that there are people out there who are unaware, possibly some of them PETA members

Roger Hicks likes this.
  19. Roger Hicks

Dear Geoff,

On the evidence, quite possibly indeed!

Cheers,

R.