1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photographer in Golden Wonder photo ban (includes video)

Discussion in 'News - Discussion' started by CSBC, Jan 20, 2012.

1. BrianWall

BrianWall Well-Known Member

It would give me great satisfaction to see those goons publicly humiliated. Not very charitable I know but if people knew they could be held publicly accountable they might think twice.

2. surf_digby

surf_digby Well-Known Member

It would actually be a smart idea for Kingdom to make a public statement on this, as all sorts of gossip and information are flying around the internet about this.

Quite a few (allegedly) Golden Wonder staff have stuck the boot in, claiming that the woman has always had an attitude problem and failed to prevent thefts on site. At least three people have published her name.

There is also a lot of uncertainty regarding the fired/resigned/given the birch bit. It's being suggested that they were allowed to resign rather than face disciplinary action, and have therefore been allowed to keep their SIA cards so that they can find similar work elsewhere.

Golden Wonder have already issued this statement.
    If people do go ahead with the proposed flashmob of Golden Wonder, they could turn it around quite easily with minimal effort.
    When all the photographers arrive, go out with a hostess trolley, offer drinks (and packets of crisps, obviously) and just explain to people how angry they are that these goons have brought such negative publicity to their company, especially as they chose a security company that would have been issued with the BSIA regulations last year.

Photographers go home happy, and with lots of boring shots of corrugated metal and railings.

3. surf_digby

Oh, and the YouTube comments are getting better:

4. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

A good PR Dept would have preps for this in hand, already. Plus their own phog in tow to record happy event. {Might even be scope for guided tour of factory. Why am I handing out free PR advice? Doh! Get back to work! :eek:}

5. CSBC

CSBC RIP (News Editor)

Breaking News re: news. BBC News 'Look North' are now putting something together on this news. Sorry, that's far too many mentions of 'news' but you get my point...

6. rjbell

rjbell Well-Known Member

Just stay in the Slaughtered Lamb and get wasted.

7. coldwarkid

coldwarkid Active Member

The thing is, if the guy had just explained that he was doing a project on industrial scunthorpe or whatever when he was asked instead of mocking her later in the video she might have been happy with his explanation. If he'd then offered that he would only be half an hour or whatever at least he's done all he can to calm the situation instead of winding up someone with obvious limited intelligence and even more limited training.
    Just a thought.
    The guy on the other hand was well out of order.

8. rjbell

rjbell Well-Known Member

It looks to me that he was there just to make the point that he did not really interested in shooting the building. I wouldn't be surprised if he had been to other buildings with security that day waiting for one to confront him. Still the security should still know the public's rights.

9. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Seem to me she was p** off from the get go. He just pointed out that he's not breaking any law.

Even when he did explain she would not accept it. Loads of people in the UK have hobbies that some consider unusual. If it is legal it's their business not some security guard who when all said and done is just another member of the public once they step onto the public highway.

The comments suggest these two have quit. Will AP be get confirmation of this?

10. CSBC

CSBC RIP (News Editor)

I'll check this out

11. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

12. surf_digby

What are you basing this on, exactly?

If you look through his photo's, he's been photographing Scunthorpe prolifically for about 5 years, and writing articles on the changing face of the town.

13. Tooslow

Tooslow Well-Known Member

It reflects badly on Gary Lineker. I wonder what he has to say? :)

John

14. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

How? Simply because he appears in ads for a completely separate brand of crisps? :confused:

15. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

I used to work for GW - but not in Scunthorpe and about 40 years ago. That makes me uniquely qualified to keep my mouth shut!!!

(But, boy, could I tell some tales about the night shift!!!!)

MIckLL

16. beejaybee

beejaybee Marvin

I bet the tales are not significantly different to those which could be told by just about anyone who has worked on a production line, whatever the product and whatever the time of day or night.

17. Tooslow

Tooslow Well-Known Member

It was only a light hearted comment. Must try harder.

John

18. CSBC

CSBC RIP (News Editor)

19. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Sorry, John, I must've taken a serious pill. :eek:

20. BrianWall

BrianWall Well-Known Member

The BBC News item in that link was very good, not least because it featured Chris Cheeseman! It made clear that the guards were wrong and carried a public apology from Golden Wonder. Chris made clear it wasn't an isolated incident and it was confirmed the guards had resigned. Result.