1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photographer in Golden Wonder photo ban (includes video)

Discussion in 'News - Discussion' started by CSBC, Jan 20, 2012.

1. CSBC

CSBC RIP (News Editor)

2. IanJTurner

IanJTurner Well-Known Member

Crikey - that's a bit of a barney! I tink both parties could do with calming down a a bit! :D

3. AlanClifford

AlanClifford Well-Known Member

If I felt threatened in a public street by yobbos pretending to be some sort of policemen, I would call the police.

What we need from the police is a clear policy and direction to the members of the public that when these uniformed yobs harrass and threaten you, you should call the police.

4. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

I think the attitude of the security firm should be taken with a pinch of salt - and vinegar. They should take a step backwards, take a deep breatg and smell the cheese - and onion.

5. rjbell

rjbell Well-Known Member

Yobbos is the right word. I went to a rough boys school in a rough town. You would be amazed at some of the riff raff i know that have ended up as security guards.

6. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Can't wait for them to take Google Maps to court then. :rolleyes:

7. BikerMike

BikerMike Well-Known Member

I applaud the photographer for keeping his head and recording this event. Now these ill-informed, abusive security guards cannot deny or twist the truth of what happened.

This is the second recent case of a photographer showing up authorities by having recorded them abusing their powers. I know that if I ever find myself in a similar situation I shall do the same.

As for the guards, surely they must be held to account for this atrocious behaviour.

It would be interesting to know what laws they have contravened.

Regards, Mike

8. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Next time take a bike 'cos clearly they don't like Walkers:rolleyes:;)

9. BikerMike

BikerMike Well-Known Member

That would just give them the opportunity to claim that it was illegal to cycle near their precious building!

10. surf_digby

surf_digby Well-Known Member

"I've just been on to the police and you are breaking the law"

"And what law is that?"

"Private property, for one"

"Right, and I'm on public property"

"Yes, but you're taking photo's of a private company"

"There's no law against that"

"Oh, isn't there?"

No, you utter buffoon, there isn't. Well done for offering yourself up as the posterboy of idiotic statements. If you had rung the police, and they had confirmed that he was committing an offence, THEN THEY WOULD HAVE ATTENDED!

Those Nations Noodles are manky too. Not as good as a proper Pot Noodle.

11. rjbell

rjbell Well-Known Member

I hand no idea Golden Wonder were still around!? Bad publicity is better than no publicity!;)

12. Mark

Mark Well-Known Member

Just going by the video, how about none? Just like 'wearing a loud shirt in public' is not an offence, neither is 'talking a load of boswellox'...

Their attitude, again just going by the video, is ignorant and annoying (to say the least) - and needs to be exposed as such - but with the purpose of shaming them and their employers into behaving in a professional manner and not the farcical parody that has reduced them (and, sadly, their more professional colleagues) to the current laughing stock...

:eek::eek::eek:;)

13. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Prolly is illegal to cycle on a footpath:eek: Minor detail though;)

14. surf_digby

surf_digby Well-Known Member

WHAT??? I've been lied to for so long...... :(

The YouTube comments are getting entertaining.

Also, is "Photographer in [insert location] photo ban" becoming a stock thread title for all of these incidents?

15. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Perhaps the tog was a potatophile?

Graeme

16. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

FWIW & IIRC, Walkers Crisps was bought over by Golden Wonder around 8-10 years ago.

17. Buri_Ram

Buri_Ram Active Member

Walkers Crisps was bought by Frito-Lay, a part of PepsiCo.

18. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

And Golden Wonder belong to Tayto in NI - no connection with Walkers at all.

19. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

The location of this reminds me of the old question:-

"If Typhoo put the T in Britain, who put the **** in S****thorpe?"

Don't know the answer, but I now know where they work!

20. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Section 5 of the public order act for start I'd say. Which can be breach even on private land I believe or just plain BOTP.

It would be the security company's own fault if they got sued because clearly the training is very poor at that firm. The owner better look for a different security firm IMHO. Because they don't know who to do the job.