1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photo walks in London

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by Molendinar, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Molendinar

Molendinar Well-Known Member

For those in London / South East - I just discovered a series of monthly photo walks round various areas of London, run by Park Cameras, who've recently opened up in the west end.

Walks are on Saturdays, cost £20, and do areas like the City, Greenwich, South bank, Camden, etc. I can't make the AP Kew meet, but have signed up for one of these in May, to see what they're like.

Details to be found at Park's website under Training & Events. (Sorry, can't link, working on an iPad and it won't co-operate with the link insertion.....!)

I have no connection with Park, other then being an occasional customer; just thought these looked interesting, and something I've been looking for for a while, so maybe others have too.

2. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Thanks let me know what that one is like but I'll sign up to a walk or two anyway- always good to have a reason to get out with the camera- I've been really lazy lately

3. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

You need to pay £20 for a reason to get out?

British TV must have improved a lot since I left in 2002.

Or is it the AP forum that keeps you in?

Cheers,

R.

4. miked

miked Well-Known Member

£20? Yikes. I've an old copy (1960s) of the London A-Z. I'll dig it out, work out a few interesting routes and copy them to you via PM's - and all for just a fiver! Now, that's a bargain, eh?

5. Molendinar

Molendinar Well-Known Member

And you're going to come along and provide tuition to everyone for a fiver as well? :)

Yeah, 20 quid gives pause for thought, but look at the cost of any photo workshop these days. (How much will the entry fee be for Kew, for example? And that's self-arranged)

And yes, I can if I want, go out and wander the same streets on my own, but I never do, for various reasons - laziness, not wanting to be on my own carrying serious photo kit, etc - so the chance for an organised group walk appeals. It may not be for everyone, but for me it's as much about the chance to meet like-minded snappers as it is doing the actual snapping. And for that, I'll pay the fee, at least for a trial walk. If it's rubbish, I won't go again, and I'll feed back to Park that they're over-charging. And I'm happy to do 'the review' here in public, so we all know if it's worth it or not.

6. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Thanks for the info; I'll have a look into this as well. I'm another who doesn't like walking around on my own with a whole load of photo gear

7. londonbackpackr

londonbackpackr Well-Known Member

You want to check out google+ plenty of snappers over there organising photowalks in and round London and not changing a penny.

Just a chance to meet up with like minded people and had a few hours chatting and snapping away.

I've been on about four and picked up the odd bit of info on them.