1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest,

Apologies for the issues that you may be experiencing with the AP forum. While not ideal, it is reported that access can be gained by using Internet Explorer or MS Edge browsers. Hopefully normal access will be restored though perhaps not until Monday.
    Dismiss Notice

Photo storage

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by MickLL, Nov 29, 2019.

1. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

More than 20 years ago I had a BT business line at home. With that line came a small storage facility that I've used for showing pics in this forum - that was its only use.

They seem to have caught up with me (as I said it only took 20 years) and now prevent me using the storage.

My question. What do you guys use? Preferably free. Must be able to store my pics as I want you to see them (i.e. no site based resizing) and easy to use. Also I'd like visitors not logged in to see the pic - not a thumbnail - and I believe that rules out the AP galleries.

Any suggestions welcome.

MickLl

2. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

I have Amazon Prime. Their "Drive" gives unlimited storage for photos and fulfills all of your requirements.

3. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Flickr, as long as you want fewer than 1000 images. Easiest method of linking out of all of them.

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I use Flickr. You need an uptodate browser because the logon page, not the photo bit, requires something. I can no longer see my Flickr pages from my ipad. For deliberate posting here I make the image private which means it can only be seen in this page. The 1000 limit for a free account shoukdn't be a bother. Otherwise just upload directly to the forum. It is very easy. Just choose display full image (not icon) when prompted. I do tbis if there is an edit to be made as part of an appraisal comment. I save the image, edit, post it using upload a file then delete the copy on my hard disk.

5. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

Thanks - didn't know that we could do that. You are right it is easy.

MickLL

6. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

If you're not logged in to the forum, that will only show a thumbnail however, which I took to be not what you wanted.

7. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

It wasn't in an ideal world but it turns out to be so easy to do it that I'll live with the thumbnail. Thanks for the tip.

MickLl

EightBitTony likes this.