1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photo Software

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by ipbr21054, Aug 27, 2017.

1. ipbr21054

ipbr21054 Active Member

Evening all,

Can you advise any open source "free" software for pc where my loaded photos would display f stops, iso, etc etc

Thanks.

2. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

If you just want to check one or two images, Windows will show you that by just right clicking on the file, choosing properties, and then selecting Details and scrolling down.

PhotoEcosse and RogerMac like this.
  3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

As said - windows will give you properties. If you have a folder of pictures you can probably add a sortable field in explorer - right click on the top bar where it says "Name" and you'll get a list of fields you can display, exposure details are in the list on my windows 8.1 desktop. Otherwise google "exif viewer" there are many about. As with anything on the internet be sure to virus check anything and everything you download.

EightBitTony likes this.
  4. ipbr21054

ipbr21054 Active Member

Thanks very much for the advice.

5. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

If you would like a freeware program with a little more versatility, try Faststone Image Viewer. Plenty of functionality, and image information can be found by selecting an image, and pressing the "i" key.

King Kenny likes this.
  6. ipbr21054

ipbr21054 Active Member

Using Faststone as we speak,thanks.

peterba likes this.