1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photo Session Agreement

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by kolasyla, Mar 28, 2017.

1. kolasyla

kolasyla New Member

Hi there,

My friend ask me if I want to take some photos of food in his restaurant. What contract should I prepare?

Regards,
    Sylwia

2. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Hi!

Is someone paying someone as part of this arrangement? Or are you hoping to sell the photographs on to someone else? Any contract you need (and that could include no contract whatsoever) really depends on who is taking the photographs, for whom and for what purpose!

3. kolasyla

kolasyla New Member

I just need his agremeent to add this photos to my portfolio, so just this write in contract?

4. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Your agreement should explain that you retain copyright, you can use the images for any purpose you want, and that your customer can only use the images for a restricted set of uses which you set out in the contract. You should be ensuring you retain all rights, and that the customer only has limited rights.

That's the best case. You might find the customer wants something else, and since they're paying, then you might feel like allowing it - in which case, you may have to reduce your rights and increase theirs.

Note that local in-country laws affect how much you can and can't put into a contract, what rights you can and can't give up, etc.

5. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

If he's not paying you for the images and has agreed to let you take photographs in his restaurant, then I don't see why you need any contract or licence at all but you could still issue a usage agreement as Tony outlined above that states that you retain copyright and can use the images for whatever purpose you need to.

6. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

If you google usage license photography you will find examples that you can adapt.

EightBitTony likes this.
  7. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Indeed, and I meant 'if they're paying' rather than 'since they're paying' :)

8. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Probably best to have some form of agreement just in case but keep it brief. Several on google as already mentioned.