1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photo Diary of Walking For Fitness

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Geren, Feb 17, 2018.

1. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

I think they are fungal infections.

Lovely series. Keep 'em coming.

S

2. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Yes, it has been a while. I know. Illness, weather, mental blocks and lethargy all to blame. However, it was a lovely day today and so no excuse whatsoever. I decided to revisit the park and see what work had been going on since my last trip. Quite a lot as it happens - lots more available to walk through, albeit still shrouded in temporary fencing. I took some images for two distinct documents. One is a record of the work that has been going on and the other is a kind of collection of glimpses/abstracted experiences of being in the park. Later, I had an appointment with one of my students and when I was done I nipped round the block to see if there were any interesting things to add to my collection of images of each street in Helensburgh.

180320-Helensburgh-057.jpg

180320-Helensburgh-010.jpg

180320-Helensburgh-039.jpg

180320-Helensburgh-070.jpg

180320-Helensburgh-077.jpg

180320-Helensburgh-078.jpg

I enjoyed myself. I always enjoy myself. So I don't know why it's so hard to get out!

3. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

\']]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]rffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff1

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I feel a bit like that too

5. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I'm going to blame the cat. I'm not sure that's warranted, but I'm doing it anyway.

6. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

My cat has done that by walking on my MacBook when either whatsapp or messenger was open and sent the text. Clever cat.:)

7. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Mine seems to have frozen me out of my computer this morning. I walked into the kitchen to find her sitting on the keyboard and now nothing is working. I’m rebooting the computer and pondering if you can reboot cats.

8. dream_police

You can boot them.

9. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Shhhhh. She will hear you!

10. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

That implies that you've already booted the poor thing previously!

Geren likes this.
  11. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I think I already extracted anything from yesterday's walk that might prove useful for this month's 'Support' theme, but here are a few more from yesterday's tramp around the area. I walked west along the beach, was going to complete a simple loop but took a detour through the woods first and then 'dog-legged' my way back down the hill towards home.

Untitled-1.jpg

180401-Helensburgh-001.jpg
    The start of my walk - basically my front garden ;-)

180401-Helensburgh-005.jpg
    Looking back towards the pier. Tide was coming in at this point and I was trying to take photographs but also stay aware of where the steps back up to the main road were situated!

180401-Helensburgh-006.jpg
    Sometimes I wish I had a dog but then I always meet loads of them when I'm out and get to say hello and whathaveyou without any of the hard work, training, and vets bills so on balance I can live without one.

180401-Helensburgh-008.jpg
    I know we're supposed to hate contrails but I quite liked what these were doing.

180401-Helensburgh-019.jpg
    I remember when this were all fields... okay not quite but it did used to be a bungalow with a very good restaurant behind. Later the restaurant sold and it became a garden centre. Not sure how/why/when that went out of business but it has been nothing at all for a long time now.

180401-Helensburgh-020.jpg
    Looks like developers persuaded the owner of the bungalow to sell up.

180401-Helensburgh-021.jpg
    One for my Edges, Boundaries And Territories work.

180401-Helensburgh-023.jpg
    I suppose this one could have gone in under 'Support' - or lack thereof.

dream_police likes this.
  12. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

180401-Helensburgh-025.jpg

Obligatory Easter Sunday Daffs shot.

180401-Helensburgh-035.jpg

I took a few shots in the woods but really only for my own benefit. This seems to be the edges of the land bought by Persimmon. Quite a few trees down I see. I hope that's the extent of it!

180401-Helensburgh-036.jpg

Nice to see dens still being built by local kids

180401-Helensburgh-039.jpg

Gorse. I don't really associate this with woods. It was a big feature of my childhood walks with my dad which tended to involve lots of open moor type walking, especially across island golf courses - or rough terrain as anyone sensible would call them.

It wasn't my longest walk in terms of distance but I was out for quite some time mucking around on the beach moving bits of driftwood around and I'm suffering for it today with very sore hips. Today's weather isnt' helping much - cold, snow, rain, wind. It's always more sore when it's cold. So while I probably *should* be going out for a gentle stroll today, the weather makes it feel mentally like a battle before I even start. We'll see how it goes. Things might improve!

13. dream_police

I really wish I lived near the coast. One day we hope to move down to the south coast.

EightBitTony and Geren like this.
  14. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I do love living so close to the water. Our old house was close to a much more secluded stretch, away from the road although near the railway line. It was possible to go down there on a lovely day and still only meet one or perhaps two other people. It also had nooks and crannies to explore which this current stretch does not. However, I could probably spit into the sea from my living room window now, were I of a mind to. Which I'm not, by the way! It is a different experience but still one I value and a good walk along the seafront is usually pretty restorative!

EightBitTony likes this.
  15. dream_police

Without wishing to hijack your thread, as I said I had a good walk yesterday into woods etc like you and came across the old paintball site. Took me back to'Nam.

IMG_5690.JPG IMG_5691.JPG IMG_5692.JPG

Catriona and Geren like this.
  16. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Hijack away! Nice to see other people's walks. I like the look of the paintball site too - reminds me a bit of those 'dead fairground' projects that occasionally crop up. You could see shooting an episode of a murder mystery in a place like that!

dream_police likes this.
  17. dream_police

The good thing about it, is that it is off the beaten track off a footpath that is really only used by our sort of age/dog walkers. Young kids are unlikely to come across it, so it isn't wrecked or littered with garbage (other than what was left by the owners). Myself and my wife commented how great it would be for kids to play in (and I added, smoke, drink, and whatever else teenage boys have a wont to do;))

Geren likes this.
  18. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

NIGE looks up at the slowly turning ceiling fan - the blades of the fan dissolve into the blades of a Bell UH-10 Cobra flying above the foothills of Ang Prak...

Cheers, Jeff

dream_police and Geren like this.
  19. dream_police

I was thinking more of Birmingnam. :)

EightBitTony likes this.
  20. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I love the smell of Phall in the mornings. Smells like victory.