1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

permission to land

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by lfc1892, Dec 18, 2013.

1. lfc1892

lfc1892 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Does this work for anyone?

Thanks guys.

2. Parsen66

Parsen66 Well-Known Member

Yes it works for me. The colours in the sky are amazing. Have you helped them along at all?

Ive been scrolling up and down and for me it doesn't need the roof top, just the aerial pole. And at the same time maybe lose the top two birds as well.

Well seen. I'm preparing a space on my wall as I write this.

3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Yes for me and agree the aerial alone is slicker.

4. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Now with a fair few more birds this would be Hitchcockian (if that is the right term).

5. lfc1892

Thanks for the replies guys. Thankfully it was taken from my landing, so can always wait and try again. Had one with some really nice motion blur, but then nothing on the aerial.
    Nice idea with regards to cropping the roof out. I guess it's not necessary as the aerial tells us where the scene is.

Thanks guys.

6. Myopic George

Myopic George Well-Known Member

my 2 small pennies: i really like as is. the roofs give it a base of sorts. and i like the trapezium shape formed by the 4 birds...

7. lfc1892

Thanks, and glad you like it.

Forgot to say that the colours are natural, just a tweak to the vibrancy.

8. Ednewbie

Ednewbie Well-Known Member

Really well seen and great colours. I agree about the crop. I'd even go a step further and do another version with a crop just above the aerial for a really minimalist pic.

9. Vivid Blue

Vivid Blue Well-Known Member

Very nice. Beats the usual house-based photography hands down

10. RDeGregory

RDeGregory Well-Known Member

What is "vibrancy?" I mean, whatever it is, it looks good.

11. lfc1892

So sorry for the late replies guys. Sadly, got burgled over Xmas and lost camera, laptop and most my work on external hard drives. Thank god for flickr.
    Vibrancy being a more subtle and less distortive version of saturation. Is distortive even a word?

12. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Words fail me sometimes. Hope they catch them and throw away the key. We were burgled last year and lost a couple of phones and some cash. Thoughts are with you.

13. caledonia84

caledonia84 Well-Known Member

very nice, works well for me, love the colour gradient.

Sorry to hear about the burglary this site may help you http://www.stolencamerafinder.com/ I know its a long shot but you never know

14. nailbrush

nailbrush Well-Known Member

Works for me too. I didn't think about cropping the roof, however that works very well too.

15. dachs

dachs Well-Known Member

agree with Myopic George about the stunning well conceived picture.

A S&W 686 up the burglars's bums also leaps (far to easily) to mind, great sorrow at your losses, trauma, paperwork and inconvenience.

With a view to all the Leica stuff in this flat, I am gonna search for Claymore mines on the 'net......

16. lfc1892

Thanks guys. Sorry for the late reply but no laptop etc.
    insurance has approved so need to get a new system. Nikon slr or all mft? Omd is tempting, but anyway, will start that chat in the other sub forum.

Thanks again guys.

17. luisport

luisport Well-Known Member

Welcome back, I understand how you may have felt. You have what it takes to start all over!
    Cheers,
    Luis

18. lfc1892

Thanks for the kind words. It's been interesting in some ways, as the break has given me chance to wipe my mind and start afresh and see if my approach towards my stuff has changed. I'll be out and about over the weekend shooting so we'll see!