1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People's March

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by dream_police, Oct 20, 2019.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

steveandthedogs and Trannifan like this.
  2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

These are terrific! Real people, real emotion, real story.
    Well done!

EightBitTony likes this.
  3. dream_police

Thanks.

Picture 3, shout, was from a great moment. The little boy was chanting a Brexit chant and those around (inc his dad here) chanting their reply. He was really good.

Catriona likes this.
  4. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Yes love them.

I went all lazy and shot on jpeg, so hard to deal with the extreme contrasts in many cases.

More please. I took 440, but I'd only put my name to about a dozen.

5. dream_police

Some more added. This one made me think of the late Mr Hicks. I don't know why.;)

[​IMG]still waiting by Nigel G, on Flickr

6. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

#3 in the first post is super. I'd be happy with that one even if I got no others. That's pure Brexit there.

7. dream_police

Thanks. My favourite is the first one though.

RovingMike likes this.
  8. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I dislike the pictures of the kids. They remind me of kids photographed in Daesh.
    Bemused, bewildered, and brainwashed. They are just being used.

9. Aspadora

Aspadora Well-Known Member

I think this is a little excessive. The parents are raising them to both have the political views they believe in, and also to actually be interested in politics/the future of the country. Whether you agree with the march or not, this is completely incomparable to a terrorist organisation hell-bent on the mass murder of innocent civilians.

RovingMike, Catriona and dream_police like this.
  10. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. Parents who raise their children to mirror their own beliefs saddle those children with preconceptions that impact both the children and those around them. Children who are raised to form their own opinions and make their own decisions seem to be better citizens.

Bear in mind that having been orphaned at an early age this really is an outsider's view.

11. Aspadora

Yeah, I get that. They're just on totally different scales, and I don't think you can compare one to the other. One is a political belief that is shown through a peaceful protest, whereas the other is shown through murder and suffering.

12. dream_police

I think that is inevitable really. Most of us believe what we think and do is right and therefore influence our kids. They then reach an age when they begin to question more and form their own opinions which may or may not be different to that of their upbringing.
    The kids I saw that day were actually having a good time and probably only saw it as a bit of fun.

EightBitTony and Catriona like this.
  13. Andrew Flannigan

I have to disagree with you there. It's all on the same continuum and people move along that sequence in both directions depending on many different factors. Probably the most important factor is the environment in which they find themselves and in particular the pressures from family and those they perceive as peers. Look at how many young people have been "radicalised" by online groups.

14. Aspadora

I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one! :)

15. Catriona

I would rather children and young people were 'radicalised' into peace loving groups rather than violent ones (in the so-called pursuit of oeace). Defence is always used as the terminology for attacking those you disagree with. Peaceful co-existence would be preferable, but it takes a big step to stop using excuses to arm and teach hatred.

16. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Like Greta Thunberg.

17. Andrew Flannigan

Our views on her differ. C'est la vie.

Catriona likes this.
  18. Catriona

Who was supported by some powerful pressure groups and sponsors.

19. RovingMike

Source?

20. RovingMike

I can't entirely disagree. You are not comparing with Daesh, but just making an extreme example. It certainly occurred to me at the time, but is it any different from taking them to an Arsenal match all dolled up in red? Or to church? Or fishing?

EightBitTony and Aspadora like this.