1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pentax ME Super - Anybody worked on one?

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by PC60, Feb 18, 2018.

1. PC60

PC60 Member

I have one that I have managed to strip and sort all the sticky bushes that jam the shutter up. It is a bit of a fiddly exercise removing the leatherette and tracking the shims etc. but it is working nearly except in Auto.

Stripping out and cleaning the mirror box means removing wires and working around the switch arrangements inside and it could be that the air spacing on the switch has got slightly moved but I am not sure. Basically the camera powers up winds and the shutter releases. the main issue is that the metering seems to be operating in manual mode, i.e. with the up down buttons when in Auto or Manual mode.

I was wondering if anybody else out there has been through this process themselves and has experience that they could share?

2. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Have you tried putting this request on the Pentax forums website?

Their old lenses listings and reviews have also been very useful to me.

3. PC60

PC60 Member

I haven't posted in that forum so the suggestion is good and greatfully received.

Thank you.
  4. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

You're must braver than I am, Phil :D and, hopefully, you get everything working :)