1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pentax KX

Discussion in 'Classic Models & Marques' started by PentaxManiac, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Jeff,

Ah, you have a bother too. A younger bother or an older bother?

Cheers,

R.

2. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

You waited nearly three months to pick me up on that?

He's a younger bother - and he showed quite a lot of promise as a photographer before being lured away by the siren song of rock music.

Cheers, Jeff

3. John King

John King Well-Known Member

My only experience with a LX was short and not very sweet. Externally it was very clean and unmarked.Then the shutter failed shortly after I bought it so returned it to the dealer for repair.... 2 weeks later I went to collect it and tested it before accepting it back, but the shutter failed immediately and this time the meter also packed in. The will always be a cloud of nagging doubt over them for me.

4. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

I had one and it was trouble-free. A camera that felt very well engineered. You were probably just unlucky, such experiences do tend to stay with us though.

5. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

That's a risk you take when buying old cameras. The wonder is that so many work fine - albeit with some maintenance. It's doubly sweet if you can do this yourself.

Roger Hicks likes this.
  6. John King

John King Well-Known Member

Actually when I bought it, this was some 20 or so years ago and the LX was not that old. I will just put it down to being a 'Friday afternoon' model

7. I have the KX and also the LX. If you liked the KX you'd love the LX. Metering off the film during exposure for "normal" shooting as well as flash. It will yield proper exposure for minutes, even hours in really dim light. A full system camera, perhaps the ultimate in manual focusing SLRs.