1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pentax K30 at last.

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Louise, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Louise

Louise Well-Known Member

2. JerryNash

JerryNash Well-Known Member

Have fun with it Louise, hope you get some good pics before the apocalypse starts!

Did you get a free SD card with it?

I got one as part of the deal although i seem to have issues with RAW files becoming corrupted when trying to convert to jpeg. Hoping (!) it just the SD card so using a different one. If its the camera i will be severely annoyed!

3. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Well done Louise.

This may be of some help..

Beginners DSLR, CSC, Bridge or Compact tutorial to get you on the right track!
    Just got a new DSLR, CSC, Bridge or compact? Then take a look at Canons basic tutorials and learn how to use your camera.
    This applies to all makes of camera, but you can skip to part 2 when you've seen enough.

In Part 2 you will learn how to get the most out of your photography and find out about ISO, Exposure, Depth of Field, Aperture priority, Shutter priority etc in picture form

Click for tutorial

4. Louise

Louise Well-Known Member

Hi thanks for that, I'm afraid the link doesn't work.

No I got a free battery :)

5. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Congrats Louise ... on the camera and the free battery ... a tad better than a free memory card ;) As for the link not working :eek: ... that is rare, what with Mr. Cool being the Internet King ........ if it were Fen (another mod), it would be understandable ........ (just kidding, Fen ;))

As for the end of the world ... see my reply to your other post :rolleyes:

Cheers and have fun and hope ya get lots of shooting in :)

Jack

6. Louise

Louise Well-Known Member

Thanks. I notice in the instruction book it explains about the American battery charger, but not about the UK one.

7. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

It's an Adobe Flash program. If you have Flash disabled or do not have it installed on your computer, then it won't show. Shame cos its all done with pictures :D

8. Louise

Louise Well-Known Member

How can that be fixed please?

9. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

If you go to the Adobe website, or just do a google for "flashplayer".

And congratulations on the camera purchase.

10. Louise

Louise Well-Known Member

Thanks, will try to Google Flash Player :)

11. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Flash Player

Adobe Flash Player here

Uncheck the box with install McAfee Security Scan plus if you already have Anti Virus protection.

Some web browsers don't install Flash properly so depending on your browser. You may have to Google for a workaround...

Cheers!

12. Louise

Louise Well-Known Member

Re: Flash Player

Thanks. Apparently says I already have it with Google Chrome?

13. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

Congratulations on your new K30, Louise!

I'm sure you'll have a lot of pleasure from it, and I look forward to seeing some pictures.

14. Louise

Louise Well-Known Member

Took my first one of a board outside a shop saying 'the end is nigh'.

15. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Re: Flash Player

Ah, well I'm surprised you can't see this image as it's the first page loaded. You may have to wait a while for it to load :D

[​IMG]

16. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Well, Louise, they, the Mayans and the shop owners, got that one wrong :(
    I guess, I gotta look at a new laptop and will, undoubtedly, pick up a K30 next spring :)

Have fun taking pics with your new baby until the next end of the world thing :cool:

As for your battery, I might be worried if the charger didn't come with a UK plug, but, otherwise, they be all the same :)

Cheers,

Jack