1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pentax 645nii

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Ahg196, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Ahg196

Ahg196 New Member

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to get a MF SLR, and I've come across a Pentax 645nii with 45-85mm SMC zoom lens. What is the going rate for these two? My current MF camera is a Yashicamat 124 TLR, ie cheap and 100% manual, so stepping up into a more 'normal' functionality would be nice. What is the general feeling of this camera and lens? Is it a good un? People rave about the Contax 645 and the Zeiss glass, and the prices reflect their raving. I need something more reasonably priced. Would like to hear your thoughts.

Andrew

2. frank1

frank1 Well-Known Member

Google the make and you'll find some results on pricing. Pentax MF cameras are highly regarded alas I never had the pleasure.

3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

The 645NII is on my photographic bucket list. I love the ergonomics and there is a good range of lenses. Maybe not at Zeiss standards but as near as makes no difference when properly used. Very much a landscaper's camera rather than a studio camera.

I would strongly recommend paying a bit more to buy from Ffordes or similar rather than ebay, as I'd expect most to be well used by now and the warranty would be handy.

4. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

What, with that tiny neg size? Proper landscapers use 67s. ;)

Actually, I think it's a great camera. In all honesty, there's not a bad 645 camera - I would love Contax, always wanted an ETR-S and own a Mamiya, but if I were to buy now, I would get the Pentax for cost and practicality reasons.