1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest,

Apologies for the issues that you may be experiencing with the AP forum. While not ideal, it is reported that access can be gained by using Internet Explorer or MS Edge browsers. Hopefully normal access will be restored though perhaps not until Monday.
    Dismiss Notice

Paul

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by beatnik69, Sep 29, 2019.

1. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

I took this two and a half years ago. Paul and I were waiting on someone to photograph and I took this of him. Last night I decided to work on it, cropping tight and converting to mono to remove distractions in the background.

[​IMG]Paul Mono by Gary Robinson Photography, on Flickr

El_Sid and Dan S like this.
  2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

That would look good as a book cover! It is well executed but it feels a bit tight as a portrait to me, but then I only photograph people when I'm under duress to fill gaps in the family album.

3. beatnik69

Thanks Pete.

4. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Looks good to me, although lighting is a bit even across his face. Some blocking in his hair, but not really looking too unnaturally so.

5. beatnik69

Thanks Mike. I think the blocking in the hair may be caused by Flickr as the details is all there in the print. I have noticed some artefacts on the hand that I'll have to go back and look at.

6. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Not sure if this will show up. It is very subtle, but I think helps:

[​IMG]

beatnik69 likes this.