1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paradise Papers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MickLL, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

I was commenting in an oblique manner on the Paradise Papers having shown that Bono, of U2 fame, had made a £5.1m investment, via a company in Malta, in the building of a shopping centre in the town of Utena in Lithuania.

Just in case you hadn't picked that one up...

Cheers, Jeff

2. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Oh I had seen that, but wandering lost aimlessly round the shopping centres of the world drives me into a semi-comatose state

3. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

So a cock-up rather than a conspiracy and brought about by the Oxbridge educated stars of the Bank of England and the British Treasury. Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

4. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

The last time I was in a shopping centre was around twelve months ago - and even then it was only because I was taking a short-cut through it on the way to the pub.

I've discovered that it's possible to buy things from the internet without having to leave the comfort of your own home (or put trousers on) and, for me, shopping centres are now a thing of the past.

Cheers, Jeff

Catriona likes this.