1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TZ60 sensor cleaning

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by Dorset_Mike, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Friend of mine says he found some tiny bug crawling around the sensor, he's managed to strip it down enough to remove the bug with a blower, but says there appears to be what he describes as bug poo on the sensor and asks how best to clean the sensor. Any suggestions welcome.

2. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

A baby wipe or some of that moist toilet paper ???

3. tyler4402

tyler4402 New Member

Hi, I see this thread is a bit old but I have found a bit of info which might be of use to someone in the future and here it is. My TZ60 bought July 2014 is also mucked up with dust, and it shows as black spots on the pictures it would seem that the dust gasket is not doing its job or that Panasonic are not doing a good job of building its cameras.
    Anyway I have managed to remove most of the dust by extending the zoom and blowing compressed air which I bought from the computer shop, down any joint I could find.
    The battery door is also a flimsey thing, and it broke off forwards of the spring when the camera fell onto its side, the good news is while I was searching for a replacement I found a very good peace of video tutorial on YOU TUBE showing how to strip and clean the several lenses of a Panasonic camera, it does show a careful disassemble taking care not to brake the ribons connecting the several lenses and how to realign the parts usingc alignment symbols on reassembling, the video will still be there if anybody searches for it.