1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest,

Apologies for the issues that you may be experiencing with the AP forum. While not ideal, it is reported that access can be gained by using Internet Explorer or MS Edge browsers. Hopefully normal access will be restored though perhaps not until Monday.
    Dismiss Notice

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by Kneth, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Kneth

Kneth New Member

I own a camera of the above mentioned model.
    Now I realize that the half press of the shutter button seems not working properly. When I half press, the camera automatically focuses and takes the photo.
    Tried on most modes e.g. iA, P, A, S, M.
    Any advice please?

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

The shutter control top plate can be replaced. Current prices range from £40 to £60 for the unit. Labour is extra. The units can be found on Ebay.

The going price for a FZ18 seems to be less than £40 so it might be better value to replace yours.

Kneth likes this.
  3. Kneth

Kneth New Member

Hi Andrew,
    Thank you very much for your response. I managed to get my camera back to normal by following a simple procedure mentioned by member in another forum. He advised me
    "It might be something in the shutter release. Try exercising it, a hundred times or so, with the camera turned off" and it did the trick!
    I am posting it here hoping it might help another member in a similar situation.

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Then it was probably a bit of dirt.

Kneth likes this.
  5. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Well done. :)

Kneth likes this.