1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oxford Meet Spring 2015

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by Mark101, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Anyone interested in trying the
    EF 135 F/2.8 SF or
    EF 15 F/2.8 or
    TS-E 24 F/3.5L MkII or
    TS-E 45 F/2.8 ?

I doubt I'll bring all as my carrying stamina isn't what it used to be, but PM me if interested in a specific lens.

Let's hope the weather holds.[/QUOTE]

I'll also bring one of my trusty Olympus Trip cameras.

https://flic.kr/p/7gcZ1L

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  2. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Got my tickets for the "Oxford Tube"

Canon 5D + 24-105 /4 and Zeiss 20 f/2.8 Flektogon + ? dunno

135 f/2.0? 180 f/3.4? Trying to travel light.

Suggestions?

3. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

My best bet train i.e. the fastest (I hate getting up early on a Saturday morning) doesn't arrive until 11.05- Is that going to be okay?

4. lm1

lm1 Well-Known Member

Hope you all have a fab day and I look forward to seeing the pics
    Having totally missed the Kew day last year (not being aware of this bit of the forum until the pics started appearing in the appraisal section) I was hoping to be up & running in time for this one, especially as I have family in Oxford! but its a bit too soon post op and charging around Oxford lugging heavy equipment was not on my physio's list of things to do!
    Third time lucky hopefully i'll be able to join the next one whenever & wherever that may be...
    :D

5. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Just a note to say that I will not be able to make the meet. Sorry

6. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Don't forget drinks bottles, best to stay hydrated at all times

7. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Right you are, noted!

8. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I can't imagine we'll arrive spot on 11, Leslie!

Sorry to hear about Lucie and Roger, but hopefully we'll encounter each other elsewhere at some point.

Hmm, what can I bring to rival Mark's Trip 35? As I've never yet printed the photos to see if the Stereo Trip works, that might not be a plan, it'd better be something old and weird, then...

Adrian

9. Steve Bell

Steve Bell Well-Known Member

On Saturday I have something else on in Osney Mead at 10:30. I'm cutting it short at 11:30 then walking into the city centre. Will you please PM me me your phone number so I can find you all.

10. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Really sorry I am gonna miss this

I've done all the logistics-fact is I'd need to leave home about 8.45 to be sure of getting to Paddington, finding the platform etc to my train-then get into Oxford about 11 shoot til 5

But even if I left then I won't get back until 7-8

When this came up first-I was assuming things would better with Dave but he hasn't had physio since before Xmas and now we find he has to refer himself again. Basically he's been housebound since July

We only got a wheelchair he can get into the bathroom in March and I could write 3000 page account about the mess we have had to put up with

At the moment as a carer with no back up I simply can't be out at that long

I'm really sorry I was so looking forward to this

Gray- PM me your address and I'll send that film

11. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Lesley, Sorry to hear that, I enjoy visiting the East End and wonder whether you could manage a meet-up there? Any others in your area to give a hand?

12. gray1720

Sorry to hear that, Lesley. Check your PMs.

Adrian

13. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Ah, Lesley, sorry to hear that. Been there with mum, so I know what it's like.

Maybe I'll have another go at organising a Kew meet-up. perhaps in the summer.

14. gray1720

OK, just FYI, I've checked with Magdalen College, and the fritillaries are still out, and they will be open to visitors from 1pm tomorrow. I can get one other person in free, for the rest:Adults £5.00; Over 60s, children, students £4.00; Family ticket (2 adults and up to 3 children aged 7 or over) £14.00. Children under 7 years of age are free of charge.

We can discuss that tomorrow...

Adrian

15. Mark101

I could scream: Pulled up in the driveway about an hour ago, turned the engine off and the alarm started beeping and a warning came up on the LCD that my automatic parking break has failed. I've tried everything to get it to engage, but to no avail and Renault have advised me not drive it anywhere except to their garage, which will be Monday morning. I can normally hear the break engage and it certainly is not working.

Why bloody now I ask ! I've had this car for over four years and never had a problem until today. I was so looking forward to this trip , but it wasn't to be sadly. Sorry everyone, but I'm not willing to take the risk with a 2.5 hr journey each way - What scares me is if the electronics makes the break engage at speed, lack of a parking break I can deal with, but not this situation.

16. gray1720

On the bright side, you can at least dine out on the story!

I'll try to make sure everyone has my mobile so we don't wander off and leave anyone wondering where we are.

Adrian

17. gray1720

18. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

But isn't that what they sell? and for the fuller figure... I've been told.

19. gray1720

Indeed - I believe most of the party are male, they'll have no trouble spotting the place! It also helps that it's a very colourful shop front.

Adrian

20. Mark101

Have a great time everyone.