1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oxford Meet Spring 2015

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by Mark101, Dec 31, 2014.

1. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

18th April should be OK for me too :)

2. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

18th April fine for me too as long as the tubes are okay to get me to Paddington to pick up the train to Oxford if they're hit by engineering works it'll mean a bus to Paddington amd that'll take a lot longer than Paddington to Oxford. But assuming that's okay I'll be there and if worse comes to worse I'll cab it to Paddington in the morning and if I get stuck coming back I can walk round the corner from Paddington, let myself into my office and have a coffee there before getting the bus

3. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

OK, unless we have any late surge, I think that's a critical mass for the 18th of June...

Adrian

4. LesleySM

Don't you mean 18th of April?

5. gray1720

Ack, good job one of us is awake! I blame CV rewriting, it poisons the brain.

Yes, 18th April.

Adrian

6. LesleySM

No problem I recently had to write a supporting statement for a possible promotion at work (if anyone wants to pray, cross their fingers etc for me it would be appreciated)
    and after half an hour or that I swear I had damp patches on both shoulders due to my brain melting and running out of my ears

7. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Will critical mass case a terror alert in Oxford ?

8. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

No, just that we'll all implode into a black hole :D

9. gray1720

You mean the White Horse on Broad Street?

Adrian

10. Mark101

Mine's a pint Lewis. Now prevaricating over who caused the big bang that despatched the good Professor from this universe because we will never know -It's not in the script.

11. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

No, but loads of people walking round, carrying cameras, may ......

12. Mark101

I recall last time we held an Oxford meet, oh must be 5 years ago, there were some demonstrations and the police were out with their Nikons.

13. gray1720

Yes - I'd forgotten that! It was the Animal Rights lot having their five minutes outside a graduation ceremony, I think. One or two of our group (I seem to recall Fen was a guilty party!) were far more interested in photographing the police with their cameras than in anything else going on.

Adrian

14. LesleySM

If anyone's interested I didn't even get an interview

15. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

My sincere commiserations - better luck next time.

16. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that Lesley, a real bummer :(

17. gray1720

That is indeed a bummer, Lesley. For what little it's really worth, you have my sympathy.

Adrian

18. Mark101

So sorry to hear that Lesley.

19. LesleySM

Well it told me didn't it? They're always saying they want you to develop your career with them so I tried and got nowhere. Several job applications have now gone in elsewhere

20. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Wishing you well on those Lesley,

Having read what you've posted on that (Dis)organisation, I guess it's well past time to "Shake their dust from your sandals" as the saying goes.