1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Own brand films

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by 0, Apr 4, 2001.

1. 0

0 Guest

I know you answer this question every few years, but can you give us an updated listing of the true identity of the common own brand films (Boots, Jessops, etc.?

2. Joël Lacey

Joël Lacey Member

Unfortunately there is no consistency in who uses whom for own brand film manufacture.
    Agfa and Imation make lots of own brand films, but knowing the manufactturer is only half the story. The question as to which of the 'real' manufacturer's films is actually being used is the real issue. IE is it the latest top oif the lne colour print film, or an older generation.

For obvious reasons (the sometimes pretty large price differential between own label and 'marque' films), the film makers are not to keen to tell you which film is which. The easiest way to identify the maker is by comparing film edge markings with their own films, but it's been a while since anyone at AP has done that. I'll ask around and see if I can put together a new list, but I'm not 100% positive about the likelihood of getting a complete listing in the short term.
    Joel

Got a photo query? Try AP_HelpTeam@Hungerhill.com. You can also fax on (44)20 7681 1010