1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Olympus om30 focus lights stop

Discussion in 'Olympus Chat' started by jeyjey, Aug 25, 2017.

1. jeyjey

jeyjey New Member

Hello people i realize that the focus lights doesn't work , how can i fix this ?
    [​IMG]

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I'm not familiar with it, but it doesn't sound essential to me. Probably have to take it to a repairer, but in the pre-autofocus era, sound more like a gimmick.

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Depends what the light does. Some cameras used an infra-red light source to assist focussing and often this only activates when a flash is connected. Some flash guns have built -in focus assist. Looking up the OM30 it sounds like it was a very early (and not vey successful) AF system with one AF lens.

4. jeyjey

jeyjey New Member

i mean the focus lights into the viewfinder . It used to light up ..... the batteries are new

5. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

It seems to be mostly a manual focus camera that had an autofocus option with one lens. Does it have the usual split image and microprism collar in the centre of the viewfinder? If it does use that and forget about the focus aid...

6. Olyfix

Olyfix New Member

Be sure all five batteries are good (1.5 volt) silver oxides. If that's not it, check the battery contacts themselves.