1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Olympus OM (film) regular camera back

Discussion in 'Olympus Chat' started by Oly_Man, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Oly_Man

Oly_Man Well-Known Member

I didn't think it would be too difficult to replace the Recordata Back 4 on my newly-acquired OM2S with a regular OM2/3/4 back (the one with the memo holder), even if I had to buy a battered one needing a repaint. Why bother you might ask? Because I like to keep my cameras in the bottom half of a semi-hard case for protection, and it's even harder trying to find the databack-friendly semi-hard case than it is to find a regular back!

Is there anywhere else I could be looking other than eBay? The irony is, for anyone actually wanting a Databack (bearing in mind that all but Databack 4 can't show any dates after 2009...Databack 4 can be 'bodged' to), you're virtually tripping over the darn things!

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Only thing that comes to mind is to try an independent repairer who still fixes film cameras, they often have a supply of scrap cameras to act as a supply of spare parts for those they have coming in for repair. One such is APM Camera Repairs in Newcastle, he is an Olympus Technician with a good knowledge of these cameras, you could try contacting him.

Oly_Man likes this.
  3. Oly_Man

Oly_Man Well-Known Member

I remember the days when my own local town had camera shops and repair shops, these days everything like that has gone. We don't even have a Jessops anymore. But thanks for the lead, I'll give them a call after the bank holidays.