1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oldest Photo fourm UK and Talk Photo

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by samthefoootball, May 20, 2019.

1. but anyway i have come to this place for a fresh start to put my past actions behind me

daft_biker likes this.
  2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

So not wishing cancer on anyone anymore then?

Screenshot 2019-05-20 at 15.42.27.png

This will be my last post on this, you'll be glad to hear.

3. um why do you have to bring up what my past was like. please delete that right now

4. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

No. It's on google and free for anyone to look at. We often get trolls on here. Your first post got my spidey senses going. I'd rather call you out as a potential problem from the beginning.
    I'll not delete the post, but obvs if a mod wants to they can.

Catriona likes this.
  5. I am not a troll though. And i am not a potential problem. I want to use this site as a way to forget about my part, people will know what i said and won't want me part of a community of they know!

6. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Indeed.

7. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Sam. You need help.
    To everyone else, just cool it.

RogerMac likes this.
  8. Um I don't. I am feeling happier, better so i don't need help

9. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Well-Known Member

If you wanted a fresh start you should have chosen a new screen name, and introduced yourself differently. Your previous name is it seems notorious.
    Even starting as you have if you pose interesting/relevant questions, or share photos etc. many people here will correspond should your posts arouse their interest.

RogerMac and daft_biker like this.
  10. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Moderator's Note:

Right now, there are several people risking a ban, none of them being Sam. If you have a concern about somebody or what they have written, REPORT IT, do not start up on open forum.

As to Sam, behave and you'll be fine; any nonsense, and it will be goodbye.

Gezza, beatnik69 and daft_biker like this.
  11. thank you very much Benchista

Is there a way i can upload images without using the link i sent in the other thread

12. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

13. Lindsay Pennell

Lindsay Pennell Well-Known Member

You know what Sam? Ditch the whinge about the past - as you say, you want a fresh start. So can I suggest you put something positive out there, and since this is a photography forum, why not tell us what camera you use and what sort of photography floats your boat? We can all enthuse about someone who wants to improve their life through art (photography is an art or science depending on your viewpoint). Why not set yourself a positive goal in the photographic sense, eg to tell the forum about something that inspired you to take a picture, or upload a picture that pleased you (doesn't matter how technically great or otherwise it is, tell us why you like it).
    Give it a go. Positive action and positive attitude: makes you feel good

(and who cares if someone else has a life that we might like - my sister is wealthy and has kids; I am not and don't. I'm not jealous, she has a really boring money-dominated life, I wouldn't want to be her: I'm me and I like me)

14. I have done in another thread. Have a look at it. I love taking pictures because it means I am out and about and in the fresh air. I have/had a cannon camera. I just like taking snaps of my memories and hopefully one day if i have a family i will be able to show them what i have done in the past and how much has changed :)

15. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Well-Known Member

Yes found it here http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/forums/threads/pictures.139216/
    but unfortunately it's just a link to an image rather than the image itself, and like @PeteRob i don't just blindly follow links.

16. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

@samthefoootball feel free to have a go posting images in this thread if you like. The little button that looks like a postcard with some hills on it should let you upload jpegs from your device.

17. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Andrew, it's even easier than that - the button on the bottom of the reply screen marked "Up load a file" will guide one through

daft_biker likes this.
  18. it says the file is too large though

19. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

What kind of device are you using? ....PC, Apple, Android.....?

Roger was right about the upload file though. And I can't even blame the beer for about the next 3 seconds;).

20. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Resize the file.