1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok so its been a while...

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by John_Baker, May 21, 2013.

1. John_Baker

John_Baker Well-Known Member

Thanks all, I need to find something intersting to post :)

2. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Hi John - long time no see

3. John_Baker

Hi Chris, good to see some of the old gang are still togging along

4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Hello John.
    I've just had a look at your Flickr page since that was where I used to spend all my time. Not so sure about that now!
    Much impressed by your work, so will have a better look later (browser permitting). lol
    I chipped in just to show you it's not all blokes here now. I'm new and just about managing to cope. :)
    Look forward to seeing your stuff in here now too.
    Kate

5. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Aye, still hunting the wee beasties although not so much for the last couple of years. One of the downsides of not being an office bum any more I guess.....I've been doing more physical work which generally leaves me too shattered to want go out togging or biking. Well that and I got a dog :D

I also got round to getting a driving licence.....only took me 15 years to get around to doing that! :eek:

The 1DX sounds nice though.....would love one for shooting indoor sports as my 7D tends to struggle a bit there (maxing the ISO out at 6400 usually only gives me something like 1/200th at f/2.8 at local venues).

6. John_Baker

Hi Kae thanks for those kind words. Must admit the new Flickr interface is proving a challenge, but getting used to it, it does look good, it's all there it just needs a bit of digging - but I suppose that's progress :)

new wheels with a motor, that must increase the range & opportunities - but know what you mean that life conspires to get in the way of having fun, as does trying to earn a living. When looking at the upgrade it was the dilemma of 5D3 or Dx - handling the x was a total joy, the buffer is just awesome, AF is amazing, ISO just works too well - will post some examples tonight... Only downside is the damn thing is a dust magnet, far worst than my 1D3. Or 2n - must ask about that...

7. mediaman

mediaman Well-Known Member

Welcome [back ] to the AP forum :)