1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh look, another newbie introduction thread!

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Misusawa, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Misusawa

Misusawa Member

Good morning everyone (unless its not morning)!!!

I'm Amy *waves shyly at the gathering crowd* I'm from the North east, I like to get out and about and do a cheeky bit of photography!

Anyway, A lifetime ago (about 14 years to be exact, that's a short lifetime...) I decided I would try to give this photography lark a bit of a bash... I mean, lets face it, how hard can it be right? So armed with my brand new 1.3MP camera, I proceeded to take some of the most captivatingly rubbish pictures you have ever seen in your life. (I can provide examples).

Now, fastwind to two years later when I finally realise i'm a bit rubbish and do a photography class at college (YAY! darkroom and mess) I finally learned the basics of composition (whatever that is) then I decided to sod composition, I love a horizon bang in the center of a pic...

Okay, so i think i'm off point a bit now.. Anyway, My darkrooming skills are passable now (I still use my home darkroom occasionally) and my photography has increased leaps and bounds in recent years.

But I have no one to talk to about it as i have no friends who are interested... or friends for that matter...

Anyway. I like stone circles, monoliths, hiking, landscapes and peace and quiet.

So, there you have it ladies and gentlemen... One Amy coming to say Hi!!!!

2. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Hi Amy and welcome aboard!

You already seem to have got the hang of posting in the Appraisal section - I've just been looking at your Temple Bar picture (which I like). I look forward to seeing more of your pictures.

Cheers, Jeff

3. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Hi Amy,

I also was just looking at your Temple Bar shot and left you a few comments. Hope you don't mind! Look forward to seeing more!

Kath

4. Misusawa

Misusawa Member

Hi there Jeff and Kath!

Got to start somewhre, So i thought I would dive right on in at the deep end :D No point being shy!

Geren likes this.
  5. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

Hello Amy, welcome to the AP forums!

I'll have a look at your Appraisals pic in a bit.

6. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.

7. King Kenny

King Kenny Well-Known Member

A breath of fresh air. Good on you Amy.

8. Misusawa

Misusawa Member

Thank you all for the nice welcomes :)