1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

October Monthly Theme - Fun & Games

Discussion in 'Forum Competitions and Themes' started by Geren, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

When my car was broken into, the thieves carefully extricated the stereo and helped themselves to the case that had contained all of my cassette tapes...leaving every single cassette behind. Clearly they didn't think much of my taste in music!

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  2. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

Sums up our modern world..................

Lynn

Done_rundleCams and PMurrell like this.
  3. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

A walk on the beach in the autumn sunshine
    [​IMG]

4. SJLTOG

SJLTOG New Member

5. RogerMac

6. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

7. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Hardly - the more the merrier!

8. RogerMac

Lyme Regis Rotary club are running a money raising venture where people (suckers) pay £5 for a small toy cow and then take it on journeys posting the results on a special Facebook page, later on there is a prize of some sort. At our recent photo club meeting a representative of the Rotary turned up to do a hard sell and I was just congratulating myself on not having brought my wallet when our chairman bought one on behalf of the club and asked me to take it on its journey. Anyway this seems to qualify as "fun and games" so I am posting the first effort here:

Daisy meets the Lyme Banksy
    Daisy meets Banksy.jpg

Geren, spinno and Done_rundleCams like this.
  9. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

I took this outside the Apple Store in Edinburgh this morning, maybe not 'fun & games' but still a bit cheeky - they've had someone posted there with the sign for a few weeks now :)

[​IMG]

10. peanuts

peanuts Well-Known Member

11. peanuts

12. SJLTOG

SJLTOG New Member

Thank you, looking forward to joining in and maybe getting to know some of you better while enjoying some photos.

13. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

That's a bit mean, pigs are much nicer - and more useful...:D

peanuts likes this.
  14. peanuts

Either one will give children nightmares o_O My daughter gave the ride a very weird look and said 'yeah, moving on!' was hilarious coming from a 9 year old

15. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Well you guys didn't make it easy because there were a lot of fun shots to choose from for this month's theme. And over four pages of posts to wade through too - nice to see so much engagement in the 'competition'!

Anyway, of all the shots, the following were probably my favourites - SXH's Wild Cards was nicely set up, the colours are great and it totally made me smile. I loved Catriona's quiet fun corner - so atmospheric and very inviting! MJB's Old Cup and Ball scam made me smile every time I saw it - very well timed indeed. Zou's shot was quieter but none the less enjoyable for it. I liked the perspective of the camera looking down at wedding party but I most liked the people walking into the frame at the rear - all that empty space and then they walk into it. Very nice. Peanuts - the shot of your daughter with the board of meerkats was also a favourite - brilliant expression on her face.

However, my pick of for the month goes to Miked and his backgammon players. In an age when everything feels very frenetic sometimes, and technology threatens to invade almost every aspect of our lives, it was lovely to imagine that I was somehwere nearby with a book while this pair enjoyed an afternoon of friendly competitiveness. Took me right there - thank you!

monthlytheme.jpg

16. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Thank you Geren and well done to everyone who posted pictures here to make me smile.

I agree - Miked's backgammon players take me to a warm and inviting place. Lovely choice!

Kate

17. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Thanks for the mention, G.

It would have worked better if I had longer arms - twisted my shoulder slightly making the picture.

Oh, the things we do for our art! :rolleyes:

Geren likes this.
  18. RogerMac

Congratulations to all the posters mentioned - but most of all congratulations to Garen for setting a theme that just hit the mark. I enjoyed every post and also the various discussions it generated. These themes seem to just go from strength to strength.

19. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Woohoo! I got an honourable mention! Great theme open to a plethora of interpretations. Whilst I envy Mike's top spot, I don't envy him having to choose next months theme. Tough act to follow.

20. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Well done everyone!