1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oban Scotland

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by IvorCamera, Sep 1, 2017.

1. singingsnapper

singingsnapper Well-Known Member

Castle Stalker's largest claim to fame was in Monty Python and the Holy Grail....

2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I thought it was Highlander?

3. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

I think it was in an episode of the Avengers or something similar.

S

4. singingsnapper

Definitely one of the castles in Holy grail...

5. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Episode 1 of the first series of the New Avengers ('The Eagles Nest') from 1976.

Memorable to many (predominantly male) people for the scene in which the fisherman uses his fly fishing rod to remove articles of Purdey's clothing before she does some ballet-type spinning around and comprehensively kicks his...er...bottom.

Cheers, Jeff

steveandthedogs likes this.
  6. singingsnapper

7. djnumberone

djnumberone Member

Very nice.I want to look at this in real LIFE!

8. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Its a really good place to base yourself. To the south Loch Awe is big and varied- the carpark at the Cruachan power station has bird table pine martens.The coast road to the south is also packed with opportunity. Loch Etive is usually like a mirror. Then as others have said, its an important ferry port with several island routes- long and short. Sadly I hve never thought much of the town itself.

Graeme

9. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I feel obliged to mention that the distillery and its whisky are lovely.

10. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Oban is not particularly nice. It is a very good starting point.
    As for basing yourself at the Torridon camp site and traversing Liathach and Ben Eigh (on separate days with a rest day inbetween) JFDI. Even you can't do 'em on a bike.

11. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Hoping to get up that way exploring real soon......bit far to scout out potential locations for a family camping holiday up the north west in a day so I'm trying to find 2 together so me and the dogs can go up with the wee tent to get an idea. SWMBO agreed to a bit of rough camping this year:)