1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nowhere to go

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dorset_Mike, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

I've noticed there seem to be an increasing number of pyjama trousers and underpants with no fly hole, is this a ploy by the ladies to try and ensure the seat stays down?

With the amount of modern packaging, when you buy you can't usually see if the hole is there or not. A recent purchase had a picture on the package which showed a button so one would assume a hole, but no, the button was purely for show, foiled again!

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

The EU banned them last year. ;)

3. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Yes, in light of the current fears regarding terrorist activity they were declared as a 'no fly' zone...

I'll get my coat.

Cheers, Jeff

4. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

They didn't They just moved it round the back. ;)

mediaman likes this.
  5. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

God I hate fly holes in my undies, far more comfortable without, but there again there's not much room to put one on the front of a thong.

Now try and un-see that from your minds eye

Roger Hicks likes this.
  6. Fishboy

If it was physically possible without ending up dead I'd be pouring bleach onto my brain about now in attempt to get rid of that image!

mediaman likes this.
  7. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

In that case I'll refrain from posting a photo of me walking through the streets of Belfast, last Boxing Day morning wearing a green mankini! ;)

8. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Underwear is designed by sadists. I've yet to find a comfy bra. Shame my young days are over and gravity means needs must!

mediaman and Roger Hicks like this.
  9. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

I suspect it's more likely down to cost cutting, one less operation for the machine (or slave labour) so less time per garment probably means an extra 2 or 3 garments per day to bump up profits.

10. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Mens pants, and swimming cossies seem to being made more comfortable. Whether this is designed to be more comfortable, or merely display mens assets is open to speculation. Support without squash does result in some projection, which quite frankly is quite good for a man's confidence.:)
    In the interests of decency and modesty I will not post a selfy in Hom pants or cossie.

Catriona. I seem to remember seeing something on the telly a long time ago about a male engineer woprking on the first bra, or top bit of a bikini, or something like that. Now if a lady engineer (they do exist) could work with a fashion designer you ladies might get something more comfortable, functionally effective, and stylish.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    Catriona likes this.
  11. Learning

Mike. You could wear pyjama shorts. Just remember to hitch up both sides so you don't drip on the non active side.

12. Fishboy

Are you thinking of Howard Hughes designing the first underwired bra for Jane Russell to wear whilst filming The Outlaw?

13. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

I believe the term was 'cantilever bra. I learnt recently that the first 'sports bra' was created by sewing 2 jock straps together.

14. Fishboy

I don't think we really need to explore the reason why the prototype model's chesticular appendages were near that part of a chap's anatomy!

15. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

No, Ithink it was quite recent. He (Or was it they, may have been a company) applied structural engineering principles to the problem.

16. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Catriona

You need somewhere with a good bra fitting service. My mum used to buy my bras as Xmas pressents and they were never comfortable then a few years back I got given a John Lewis voucher so I went and had myself professionally measured. My mum was 2 sizes out and the cup size wasn't right. A well fitted bra is a thing of considerable comfort

Catriona likes this.
  17. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I bought a pack of boxer trunks a few years back. On opening them each pair of boxers had an elasticated loop on the inside at the front end. On looking at the info on the box it was designed to put under and around ones gentlemen's parts to lift up and move forward to emphasise the bulge. It was so funny, we just pissed ourselves laughing and cut the loop out. Imagine being involved in an accident and they had to strip me in the hospital. As well as the embarrassment of wearing the damned things, they'd tear my bits off pulling down my undies. :eek:

Edit... I have just found the things online. It was these. Get your sick bags ready.

[​IMG]

18. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Haha!
    I'm afraid I would be wondering if it was a bad case of inguinal hernia!! :)

19. mediaman

mediaman Well-Known Member

Y fronts are best !pity they are not available in the same colours/designs as boxers !

20. Learning