1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

November Theme - Wet

Discussion in 'Forum Competitions and Themes' started by Andrew Flannigan, Oct 31, 2017.

1. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Wot? Nobody went for...

:eek:;)

Catriona likes this.
  2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I did!

3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Hmm, wonder how that 'ignore' function works? ;) :p

SXH likes this.
  4. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

oops! :oops:

5. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Were that lying duplicitous f...wit not teetotal I'd have suggested, "Ale to the Thief."

Catriona likes this.
  6. Catriona

Well put it this way, I said a few naughty words as the hail spat in my face on the way to the shops!

7. Catriona

The preview last night was a bit 'wet'
    You know how it is when you expect one style of art - and you get something completely different?
    I knew Lennox Dunbar worked multi-media style. His title of the works, Palimpsest gives the clue of overlays and things obscured. I was looking forward to it, but was sadly disappointed when I saw his 'tiles' all shiny and framed up in those awful box frames.
    I wasn't the only one to be perplexed by the end result. I guess you have to have RSA after your name to appreciate it all. If only the 'Alchemist's Tile' had been a sketch/painting/photography on rough paper and a lot bigger - I would have bought it.
    Ah well, such is life.
    Here are some 'wet' arty-posers - apart from my friend on the left! He's real.
    lanntair 3 a ap.jpg

8. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Some nice reflections on my bin house roof in the rain this morning:

[​IMG]

9. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

10ff017072.jpg

10ff017073.jpg

Here are a couple of almost obligatory blurred waterfall shots..................

Lynn

10. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

More damp than wet.

Fujifilm SL300 8GB 05 DSCF3625.JPG

11. Andrew Flannigan

This on the other hand is wet.

Fujifilm SL300 8GB 05 DSCF3629.JPG

EightBitTony, Catriona, Geren and 2 others like this.
  12. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

13. PMurrell

PMurrell Well-Known Member

2017-11-11_11-25-20.jpg

14. dream_police

Messing about in the sea.

Only just around to having a look at the memory card from my GoPro type camera from last month.

guardamar.jpg

EightBitTony, miked, Catriona and 2 others like this.
  15. dream_police

Damn you Andrew Flannigan:)

Because of your theme, I decided to check the memory card in the GoPro type camera. Removed it from its waterproof housing to get to the connection ports and downloaded the above photo.

I then decided to get another "wet" picture. I Put the camera in water and the LCD screen went blank. I then realised I hadn't put it back in its waterproof housing. Camera now drying out. Will have to see if it mends itself. So Andrew, you may owe me £50;)

Geren likes this.
  16. Andrew Flannigan

If you decide to make a claim please address it to my solicitors - Sue Grabbit and Run of Gotcha Chambers in the Canaries :cool:

Geren and dream_police like this.
  17. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

FROM THE ARCHIVES:

A few really old ones from the 'applied techniques' unit of my HNC photography. One of the applied techniques was 'underwater photography'. They didn't say I *couldn't* use my bath....

Underwater-018.jpg

Underwater-019.jpg

Underwater-013.jpg

The first two are of an unwrapped bath bomb being dropped into and then starting to dissolve in the bath water. The last is an airbubble trapped in a blue glass bottle under the surface of the water. All taken with a little fuji instant thingybob.

Andrew Flannigan and Catriona like this.
  18. Catriona

Planet Carn. A watery planet with a volatile atmosphere. Life forms appear to be carnations, but further exploration is needed.
    planet carn 2 ap.jpg

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  19. miked

miked Well-Known Member

20. dream_police

I'm either getting old or mad, or both, but it has just occurred to me that the sea photo I have posted was not taken by me as it is me in the photo, it is one that my mate took on my camera. I was looking through that many, most of which were taken by me, it didn't even occur to me that it should not be here as my entry. lol.

Can't even make a mistake as to whether it was me or him, as he is Jamaican!

Catriona likes this.