1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

November Forum theme: "Energy"

Discussion in 'Forum Competitions and Themes' started by miked, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

16-11-24-Helensburgh-004a.jpg
    Restless energy

2. saxacat

saxacat Well-Known Member

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  3. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Done_rundleCams and Geren like this.
  4. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Right-ee-ho me hearties - time for November's judging. . .

To say it was tricky to reach a decision is something of an understatement. There were so many really great and imaginative entries it has cost me a fair deal of soul-searching to arrive at a conclusion. Indeed to list all those images with a strong claim would include most, so I'll simply say that - in no particular order - would be images from Done-runde.cams; Geren, Petrochemist; Craig, MJB; Andrew Flannigan, Catriona; PI Photography, Fishboy and EightbitTony.
    However I have put the final three here in reverse order:

At number 3: is the bright and breezy entry from Craig20264:

morewind.jpg

2nd is Catriona's deliciously arranged confection - Kilocalorific

kilcalorific.jpg

But at number one is the entry from MJB which had all sorts of strongly suggested energies from the power of
    the Atkinson diesel to the product on offer - of which I have supped-a-plenty in my time: Magnet.
    Well done Martin - a truly magnetic attraction:

magnet.jpg

Now Martin, it's up to you to choose the theme for December, and remains only for me to thank every forumite who took part.

EightBitTony, saxacat and Geren like this.
  5. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Congratulations to MJB - and thank you for the mention! Glad I didn't have to judge as there were some really great entries this time. Looking forward to the new theme!

MJB and Done_rundleCams like this.
  6. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Congrats to Martin, Cat and Craig :) and, thanks Martin, for the inclusion :eek:

Cheers,

Jack

MJB likes this.
  7. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Congratulations to the winners, mentioned, and all the entrants.I am looking forward to the next theme

MJB likes this.
  8. saxacat

saxacat Well-Known Member

Congrats to all the winners :)

MJB likes this.
  9. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Wow! I'm genuinely shocked to have won, given the usual high standard of entry. I certainly didn't expect that photo to be the winner. I guess it demonstrates how a connection with the viewer is as important as technical details in photography. Hopefully I can come up with a suitable theme that will both challenge and inspire.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  10. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Well done Martin! Thank you Mike for your kind words and the fun theme!

Best of luck choosing the next theme, Martin. Never easy! Looking forward to seeing what's going to keep me busy and cheerful during December.

Kate

Done_rundleCams, RogerMac and MJB like this.
  11. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Well done everybody! A worthy winner indeed, and I look forward to December's theme - I'm sure it'll be a good one.

Cheers, Jeff

MJB likes this.
  12. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Well done all.

MJB likes this.
  13. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Congrats indeed Martin. :) And a big thank you to Mike for the judging, but most of all for putting me in the top 3 :D.

MJB and Catriona like this.
  14. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

well done to all