1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

November 2010 - FirstView Pictures

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by TheFatControlleR, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

This thread is for posting of FirstView pictures for the 1st of November 2010. Please read the main About FirstView post, if you have not done so already. You may post only one image here, and it must have been taken on the 1st of November 2010.

Please remember to include the basic details - time and place of shooting, and what we're looking at. If you want to put in a short paragraph explaining what's going on, or why you chose that one, or whatever, then please do, but keep it brief and relevant. Any discussion beyond that can go in the 'Comments' thread. Please do not post comments or other replies here - they will be deleted. This thread is for FirstView image posting only.

The picture thread will remain open for a few days in the first instance, so please try to get your contributions in promptly. People who are perhaps away from home, or need time for film processing, or are otherwise unable to post their images in the initial time slot should pm me - I'll re-open the thread later in the month for late additions. In all cases please remember that the forum image posting rules apply (see the 'HOW TO POST IMAGES - MAX. SIZE plus Free programs' sticky post, which can be found at the top of this board).

Finally, once again I would like to draw your attention to the FirstView Gallery site - we would like as many contributors as possible to make use of this for hosting their FirstView images in order to maintain as complete an archive as possible for the future. Of course if you prefer not to you are still welcome to contribute to the FirstView threads with images hosted elsewhere.

2. kt2

kt2 Well-Known Member

Re: Someone is very late in getting home!

Captured early this morning.

[image]http://[​IMG]
    [/image]

kt

3. cyb

cyb Well-Known Member

Done That Bin There

Done That Bin There

[​IMG]

The morning after Halloween and half the UK wonders... which 'bin' do we use to discard the unwanted pumpkin?

01/11/10 09.15am
    Nikon D80

4. TheFatControlleR

The Morning After the Night Before

[​IMG]

AM
    In the kitchen
    With the nipper's Pentax Optio E-75

5. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Aftermath

Sorting the hundreds of used targets after running a world record status tournament over the weekend.

About 11 a.m. on November 1st 2010, just before a trip to the "tidy-tip".

[​IMG]

6. cpfc12

cpfc12 Well-Known Member

[image]http://[​IMG][/image] [image]http://[/image]

The Ancient Bowling Green beneath Lewes Castle. Parked here at 7.30am and walked to my nearby office in Lewes Crown Court.
    A beautiful crisp Autumn morning with the most lovely shades on trees and foliage.

7. Jacqui Jay

Jacqui Jay Grasshopper's Sage

Autumnal Rose Hip

Very grey and gloomy today in the Midlands, so I went looking for something colourful.

[​IMG]

8. Steve52

Steve52 Well-Known Member

Dawlish Lawn

A quick snap as I was sitting in traffic at the time.

[​IMG]

9. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

Misty

in the Severn valley, 8.40am.

[​IMG]

Nig.

10. bench_ubbster

bench_ubbster Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Out for a lunchtime walk. Taken at Granta Park (or The Welding Institute), south of Cambridge.

11. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just getting used to this retirement lark, but going out for a bike ride with like minded folk is a lot nicer way to spend a Monday morning than going to work. :rolleyes:

Coast to Coast cycle route near to Stanley, Co. Durham.

12. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

I spent the day in the library and helping on a friends project so couldn't go all creative this time round.

[​IMG]

This is my wonderplan to a) stop people being scared when i get the 80-200 f2.8 lens out and b) to make myself look less like a terrorist.

Whether a) or b) work its anyone's guess. ;)

13. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Leftovers from the night before ....

Spotted on my way for my morning coffee .....

File Name: FV-Nov01-10-IMGP3658.jpg (rename)

File Size: 60 kb - 502 x 390

Camera Make: PENTAX

Camera Model: PENTAX K200D

Date/Time: 2010:11:01 10:23:17

Resolution: 502 x 390

Flash Used: No

Focal Length: 23.1mm (35mm equivalent: 34mm...

Exposure Time: 0.033 s (1/30)

Aperture: f/4.0

ISO Equiv.: 800

Whitebalance: Auto

Metering Mode: matrix

Exposure: program (auto)

[​IMG]

cheers,

Jack

14. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

[​IMG]

The Fleetwood to Knott End ferry crossing the River Wyre, 1 November 2010, 2pm, Fleetwood, Lancs.

15. TheFatControlleR

Thanks for your contributions, one and all. The FirstView picture thread for this month is now locked. As usual, any late-comers may PM me or a moderator to get it temporarily re-opened to post your image.

Cheers Everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.