1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not About Much For a good Few weeks from now

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LesleySM, May 4, 2016.

1. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

What - you've never tried it?

S

2. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I think it's the only substance they don't even drink in "Withnail and I"

andymcd likes this.
  3. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I've tried it. It smells better than it tastes.

steveandthedogs likes this.
  4. LesleySM

And I was thinking you were an upright respectable member of society.......oh wait you're on here

DaveS, Geren and steveandthedogs like this.
  5. LesleySM

Unbelievably things seem to be moving on the job front still. I may have an interview tomorrow for a PA job with my local council (it's temp on a 3 or 6 month rolling contract but a friend of mine went 10+ years with them on 3-month rolling contracts) and the money is very good (as in enough to live on and save a little)

And I have an interview Monday at Kings for a 1-year maternity leave cover. Okay it's a year but a lot can happen in a year and it will put me also 2 1/2 years away from the Mary's situation at which point to all intents and purposes no HR department is even going bother with it

RogerMac, steveandthedogs and DaveS like this.
  6. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

That's good to hear. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

7. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

If you get that one I'll be after you!!!

My son had two appointments at Kings with two different consultants and both were two months ago. We STILL haven't had either of the consultants' letters. This is just the latest in a very long line of King's admin fails. King's admin has to be the very worst I've ever encountered anywhere in a long life.

Sorry to hijack your thread - but good luck for the jobs.

MicklL

8. LesleySM

That's because they haven't hired me! If they ask me why they should give me the job I may tell them that!

Interviews are like buses- I got a phone call about a job in Manor Park (Not far from me) and they want me to come for interview at 2 tomorrow and said they would email me the details but I haven't had them yet (And the number they called me on shows as a private number so I have no way to call them back)

This means I can move the interview for the local council back to Friday as they said they couldn't do tomorrow so I let the agency know and they haven't called me back

So at this moment I potentially have 3 interviews but am only certain of the King's one!

DaveS and steveandthedogs like this.
  9. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Good luck with those Lesley.

BTW did you read about King's being put in special measures?

10. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I wouldn't mention that unless they do.

11. LesleySM

I'm going for a 1-year maternity cover post it is unlikely to come

12. LesleySM

Well today's interview doesn't appear to be happening- they haven't sent me any details but tomorrow's is going ahead, we're just waiting for them to find a room and King's is also going ahead (Unless I get the one tomorrow then all bets are off-it sounds more interesting, the money is good, the travel minimal and probably most importantly they want someone asap- If I get the Kings job then I won't start until at least March because a stoned snail with a ton weight tied to it moves faster than most NHS HR departments and my savings are depleting so by March it would be a real struggle switching to monthly pay)

13. LesleySM

Well the interview happened yesterday but they haven't got back to me yet would be a lovely Xmas present if I get it but not holding my breath so Kings Monday it is then!

14. LesleySM

Didn't get the Kings job or the Tower Hamlets one.

Got a call yesterday from Fabio he put me forward for a job and they apparently want me to start next Wednesday. Not fantastic but as it's full time and the hourly rate is a little better (although that includes my holiday pay so when I need time off I can forget getting paid for it) it would be enough to get by every week and even just a small amount to cover some of my other bills also I can see it being the sort of situation where it potentially could become a permanent job eventually. So he told me to wait by my phone as he just needed to confirm it with the client... I'm still waiting

15. LesleySM

I emailed him to ask what he was playing at- okay I was more polite than that but we shall see

16. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Ah, the subtle joys of being dicked around by an agency. For what little it's worth, you have my sympathy.

Adrian

17. LesleySM

The temp job has been put on hold until the New Year- good thing I didn't act when he told me I could put my notice in here as I was certain to be starting there next Wednesday

18. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I’m sorry to say that in my experience most recruitment agents aren’t as useful as chocolate teapots. At least you can eat a chocolate teapot.

19. LesleySM

There's the occasional good ones but most of the time I agree with you completely

20. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

I suppose that - technically (if not legally) - you could eat a recruitment agent.
    It's only a guess, but I'd be prepared to bet that the chocolate teapot would be more palatable, though. ;)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    Andrew Flannigan likes this.