1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not About Much For a good Few weeks from now

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LesleySM, May 4, 2016.

1. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Finally my council tax people have surrendered and given me the single occupier discount. This means I don't owe them anything more for this year but they have now sent me a bill from last year for £703. Still that's the end of the matter (I hope)

Never heard back from that job last Tuesday so I don't think I got it but am waiting on the date/time for another interview and this one is easy to get to and the best money if I get it I will have ever earned, enough to live comfortably on and maybe even save a little

Landlord wants to put rent up by 10% though so I have to appeal against that decision

2. LesleySM

And now I've had another interview for a very nice job- doesn't pay as well as the other one but pretty much what I was getting at my last job and as come mid November I qualify for free travel that's more than covered. Still waiting on this interview for the well paid job but if this one comes through then it will do nicely

I know the manager who interviewed me liked me and the following phone interview seemed to go well and I should know in the morning

Ironically it's for the company that does the work from home I was looking at but based at head office managing the people who work from home if I get it (or indeed if don't) I am still considering working some weekends and the odd evening from home

3. LesleySM

I didn't get it :-( so just have to keep trying

4. LesleySM

And now...just when I thought things were getting better

My landlord applied to put my rent up 10% I appealed on the grounds it was well over the rate of inflation and they had made no major improvements to the property indeed I am waiting on a number of repairs I ave reported.

The fair rent people replied by putting my rent up 15%!

I have appealed again

On the job front I have yet another interview and a couple more possibles

5. LesleySM

Council tax all paid

I had a nice surprise this morning- when I got into work they'd put up a banner wishing me a happy 60th and there were cards and presents.

Alas my birthday is the 19th of November but it's the thought that counts