1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not About Much For a good Few weeks from now

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LesleySM, May 4, 2016.

1. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

It's official as of Monday I am a permanent member of the staff bank here as I said when I took this job it wasn't entirely what I wanted but a big step in the right direction and this is an even bigger one as now if I apply in the NHS and their HR ask my current/last HR for a reference they won't get the one that says I got sacked!

I am more relieved than I thought I would be!

2. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I can't tell you how pleased I am to hear this Lesley.

peterba and Roger Hicks like this.
  3. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Excellent news Lesley - really excellent news.

4. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

That's wonderful news Lesley, very pleased that things are on the up for you!

5. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

W00t!

as I believe the youngsters say on the internet... :cool:

6. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Steve,

Good Lord! Why would they say that?

Not that it matters: great news anyway.

Cheers,

R.

7. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

"to express happiness or excitement, usually over the Internet" according to Wik

8. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

:):):):):):)

Great news. It's about time you had a little bit of luck.:)

9. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that Lesley. Well done. Time to celebrate down "The Bells" get on the old Joanna and have a sing song as I believe you people from London village do.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    LesleySM likes this.
  10. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

LesleySM and Geren like this.
  11. LesleySM

The "Bells" doesn't have an old Joanna and my singing voice would empty it anyway! I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket

12. LesleySM

And now it turns out my council tax bill was wrong! 3 times I have told them I have lived on my own since May last year! They still haven't given me the single persons discount and now reckon I owe them a few more months and will be getting another bill

13. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

in the case of council tax, I have found an email to the mayor works wonders.
    I live in Bedford, and the mayor is very active. He wasn't impressed years ago when I recounted how I was being threatened with court, even though I had just told the Council that I would be late with a payment, due to my benefits stopping and changing. They had refused to do anything other than be robots, but the mayor soon put the boot up the proverbial sphincter.

I believe you have a Mayor in your little town? emailing his office and recounting how your partner died and the council are being armpits will likely get someone from the office to pick up on it.

14. LesleySM

To be honest the only good thing you can say about my mayor is he isn't his predecessor (Lutfur Rahman who was as bent as they come)

My MP is pretty useful though....

15. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Big smile here

16. LesleySM

And would you believe I have an interview next Tuesday for a job I can bus to that pays decent money.

I like it here and will forever be grateful to them but the reality is it's short hours and the money is far from fantastic so I am using my savings to subsidise wages a bit and there doesn't appear to be much in the way of overtime.

17. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

You have to follow the money, unfortunately. I think your present managers will understand that.

S

18. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I don't know John Biggs personally but he seems to be OK. Well educated, proper Brit, hasn't offended. The only thing against him is being Labour. Try to get in touch and see if he responds usefully. You might be pleasantly surprised.

19. LesleySM

I might do that I have emailed them as they have now sent me two more bills- neither of which show the single occupier discount. The one from last year if they gave me the discount and credited me the money they owe me from the bill I paid would be covered the one for the rest of this year I can pay in instalments and after November it will be effectively free for me as I get the over-60's Oystercard, which saves me about £130 a month in fares, which will be a big help for my finances.

I have pointed out this is the 4th time I have told them I am a single occupier and if they could be bothered to contact their electoral department I have told them twice no-one else lives here.

If I don't get a reply soon then I'll email him and if he doesn't reply then it's time to call on my MP

20. LesleySM

You won't believe this but today I was talking to a former Tony Blair look-a-like whose partner was from Faccombe