1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norwegian fjords- how to make the most of the trip!

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by Lhill88, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Lhill88

Lhill88 Member

Hi,
    Well I am new to the world of photography (and new to this forum) and have been gifted an Olympus EM10 Mark 2, and im really excited for the upcoming trip!
    Although i am still learning the basics (still on auto ) i can see the potential that this camera has to make some truly phenomenal shots of the fjords.
    Does anyone have any advice on how to compose a landscape shot effectively to really capture the rugged beauty and landscape that is drawing us there in the first place?
    Doing lots of hiking and the outdoors is my preferred domain to photograph if that helps!
    Ta
    x

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Before you go make sure you understand about exposure because the camera auto system can get confused with sky-land-sea combinations especially facing toward the light. Many people have trouble with tilted shots, tilt looks worse when water is involved because it is naturally level. So practice keeping the camera level and use any aides, such as artificial horizon, there may be.

3. Lhill88

Lhill88 Member

Thank you for your feedback, ive found facing towards the light quite tricky generally so will try and avoid that where possible, good advice for the artificial horizon, will bear that in mind when on the water. We're on a cruise ship so will use the sides of the boat potentially!
    One location is pulpit rock, worth googling! Very high with panoramic views across peaks of fjords, not sure how to frame the shot to make it more exciting than your standard landscape.