1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norway

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by emkat, Jun 13, 2003.

1. emkat

emkat New Member

Hi all
    Im off to Norway in August for 2 weeks and will be driving up from Bergen to Aalesund. Whilst I know many of the areas in between these towns from previous visits does anyone out there have any tips on photographic locations I might not have discovered yet?
    Also Im a tad fresh to this photography thing, having only bought my Nikon F80 in Feb (my fisrt SLR) so any tips on equipment I might find useful for photos over there would be great too!

Thanks v much

Emma

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Well if you've already been, then you've almost certainly got more idea than most here! The places I would suggest are just the obvious ones - Geiranger Fjord in particular. The problem IMO is making the most of dramatic vistas in the fjords - although photography in Bergen is dead easy. A UV filter will be of use - there's plenty of UV radiation about - but apart from that, no special equipment is needed. Just enjoy it - and pray for reasonable weather! If there is some rain, the waterfall at Voss is spectacular. And the stave churches are always interesting.

Nick BSRIPN