1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nikon denies Nikon 1 system is dead but considers higher-end mirrorless camera

Discussion in 'News - Discussion' started by CSBC, Sep 22, 2016.

1. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

I did clearly state in post wildlife in action and other action :)

Its not a rule it is limitation of the technology in question.

For example 1/2.3" sensor will struggle to take good low light shots without noise appearing. In some cases the sensor even has noise just above 100ISO.

1/2.3" sensor cannot create de-focus around a subject say shooting a portrait.

The are downsides to FF sensor, which is the body can be bulky and more important you need serious glassware for reach.

1" sensors down the line will offer a sweet area between having sensor large enough for reasonable quality and noise at higher ISO. But small enough for keeping lenses on a diet. LOL

I am not speaking as if I have not shot with cameras designed around 1/2.3" sensors I have and I soon found their limitations in certain conditions.

I then move to a 1/1.5" sensor which produced much improved results. :)

For me personally I like to travel light when shooting. This was from the experience of going digital from film SLR via a bridge camera.

Just amazing being able to carry reasonable zoom and fit it in a single pocket or camera bag.

So I now keep any kit at 1KG or below. :)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017