1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News from Australia(YouTube)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by daft_biker, Jan 12, 2019.

1. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

2. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Written by Murdoch?

S

3. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Pass. I wasn't sure if she should be on the 6 o'clock news or Michael McIntyre.

4. IvorCamera

IvorCamera In the Stop Bath

Send this news clip to the PM.....it's just a reminder of what we voted for.....there was only two boxes to tick on the ballot form that was stay or leave, the leavers won....

5. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

What DID you vote for?

6. IvorCamera

We voted to leave....are you having trouble reading, if so go to Specsavers!

7. John Farrell

Why did you vote to leave?

8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I'm guessing because he preferred that option.

9. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

The problem is not voting to leave. The problem is voting to leave from a position of ignorance or because you can't control your xenophobia. If someone voted to leave having weighed up the pros and cons then their decision must be respected.

IvorCamera likes this.
  10. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Similarly a vote to remain.

Most folk have forgotten that the options were leave (not defined) or remain on the 'deal' Cameron got which was pretty crap, and not at all the status quo.

11. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

I keep saying we need NONE OF THE ABOVE as a voting option:rolleyes:

Zou likes this.
  12. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

How do you know that we voted to leave. I may be wrong but the way your post came across you were refering to close family rather than the country. I voted to leave and would do the same again. Close friends say that they voted to leave but I do not know that they did so.
    Remainers are are clearly considering every option to destroy Brexit. What else should we expect. They are not bad people for doing that; they simply disagree. I am fairly confident that a rerun of the referendum would get a similar close win for the Brexiteers but I am not sure. We might even get a more decisive win. We could even lose.
    If we have to vote again then sobeit. We might win with a decisive majority. More likely we would win by a close shave.
    At least any win for Brexit on a new referendum would not be open to arguments of ignorance on the part of the electrolate.
    Cameron totally failed to get even the sllghitest change to the EU's headlong charge to being a new German empire. How long before France wants out?

13. IvorCamera

I have been called some very rotten stuff on here, everybody who has been following this argument knows this, there has been one blog closed down by the moderator for reasons not given. I reserve my right not to be questioned like some sort of criminal which I am not......just who do people think they are on here?.....I could answer that but I won't!

14. IvorCamera

Learning......" We " should have read, " I " or "me " personally, and people know exactly what I meant!....so don't keep on throwing your toys out of your pram....

15. John Farrell

Can you not answer without hyperbole?

AGW and peterba like this.
  16. David Loxley

David Loxley Well-Known Member

There are those who voted leave because they recognised the direction in which the E.U. is being driven and could see its future.
    Those born about the year 2000 will rue or rejoice by 2030.
    "If you wish to know the future; look to history" (an old caveat).

Learning likes this.
  17. IvorCamera

Yes I could answer but I like writing for effect, and its working!

18. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Well I thought the video started with a pretty blunt take on how the UK is currently being viewed on the other side of the world and that advising businesses to prepare for no deal urgently was good advice.

Thankfully it is not my place to come up with ideas at work but a little doomsday prepping at home might not go amiss. Would have been more convenient if they had timed it for when folk could be harvesting food from their garden though:rolleyes:.

19. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Yes. That is my point.

20. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I still have cabbages.