1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newcomer

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Mike Arnesen, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Mike Arnesen

Mike Arnesen New Member

Hi, just joined and looking forward to reading what photo nuts have to say and catching up on technology. Been taking pictures for 50 odd years but recently got interested in being a photographer.

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Not sure I like being called a "photo nut". Others may see it differently.

3. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Christmas may be approaching, but leave my walnuts out of this :)

4. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Good afternoon Mike. I can live with being called a nut. Welcome along.:)

5. Mike Arnesen

Mike Arnesen New Member

Thanks guys. No offence intended. I like nuts as opposed to nutters.

6. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

Hello Mike, and welcome to the AP forums.

Since one of my eBay usernames is "Cameranut", I can't really complain... :)

I look forward to seeing some of your pictures, or discussing cameras. I've most recently used a Pentax K3, Rollei B35, Iskra II, and Retina Reflex, in rough order of age

7. Mike Arnesen

Mike Arnesen New Member

Thanks AlexMonro. Looking forward to taking part once I find my way around and pick up the flavour of the group. I use a Nikon D80, usually with 18-135. I also have a Canon AE1P and Miranda G left in their boxes. As I said in my intro I have had a camera for 50 odd years, but since I saw what my son-in-law can produce I became interested in taking photographs instead of pictures. Hungry for knowledge on affordable kit and understandable techniques.