1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New website

Discussion in 'Personal Portfolio Sites' started by Christopher Revell, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Well, since I'm no expert on wildlife photography my first port of call was the landscape section.

Commenting on the purely technical side of things, you're suffering from a lot of dust on your sensor. This is really evident - particularly on the sky in the second image. We all get a bit of dust in there every now and then, but if you're going to put your pictures online with a view to selling them, then you could at least have a shot at removing all the dust marks in post-processing!

Cheers, Jeff

Christopher Revell likes this.
  2. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Several images not loading for me - I'm just getting the little blue square with a question mark. Seems mainly to affect the first image and perhaps the last in the scroll. I also think that if you are going to insist on slapping a watermark on all your images you should at the very least make it consistent throughout.

3. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Also, while I'm thinking about it, what is a 'limited edition download' ? How do you limit it? This seems a bit iffy to me! The point of a limited edition is that the people buying it are buying rarity value, and that the Limited Edition is clearly defined as a print run - so to my mind a limited edition print is one of (say 50) which were all printed on the same paper at the same time in the same place by the same person. And then no more are ever produced. An edition could be a set printed at a given size, or on a given paper which doesn't preclude the image being printed at a different size or a different paper at a later date. There is still some control over the edition though and purchasers should be aware of what they're buying - an edition or a limited edition. So how can you sell limited edition downloads? What's the limiting factor there?

4. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Distinctly iffy I'd say. Plus the site doesn't work for me either.

5. Thank you for the feedback Jeff, I didn't notice them during post. I have removed Landscape from the website so this can be fixed

6. This is a bit worrying, please can i have more information what not loading and the browser your using?

7. They have been removed from the website until I can fix them, also I am concerned that the website not loading correctly. Please, can I have more information on what, not loading and browser your using?

Thank you for the feedback.

8. I see your point here, there is no limiting factor on them. I will rename and give more thought to what I am trying to achieve.

Geren likes this.
  9. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I really don't have time to list all the instances of images that are not loading! If it's helpful, I'm using Safari.

10. I have just tested it on Safari and I can see whats happening. That first image should not be loaded as it the featured image on the front page, but safari is loading it and giving it a blue question mark.

I will correct now

Geren likes this.
  11. That is now fixed

12. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

On an ipad2 (safari - latest OS version) the images took a long time to load this morning and several didn't appear as reported above. It wasn't clear to me that the images on the opening page were clickable. If I hadn't read the earlier post about looking at landscape I'd have gone away thinking there were just those (the linked page) pictures making up the whole site.

13. The missing images is now fixed, i might have to add something to show that the picture are clickable and its an image post