1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

New Q firmware update (v1.12)

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Done_rundleCams, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

2. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Thank you.

3. Done_rundleCams

No problem Steve and have you noticed a difference (in focusing)?
    I tried mine and I was amazed by the 1.11 upgrade, I've been amazed
    by the 1.12 upgrade :eek:

:)

jack

4. steveandthedogs

'Tis a bit rapid [​IMG]

5. Done_rundleCams

Ditto, Mr. Steve :)

Jack

6. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Updated, cheers for the pointer :)

7. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

Are you guys talking about the Q or the Q10? If it's the Q, what do you think of the Q10, which on paper looks like a really interesting bit of kit.#

Thanks.

8. steveandthedogs

Q, in my case. Not sure how much difference there is between the two with the updates.

9. Done_rundleCams

It's the Q, David, and I believe, the Q10 came out a tad larger and with a higher (top end) shutter speed (1/8000 @ Q10 and 1/2000 @ Q) I found very little difference betwixt the cameras :) Now pricing, that's a difference matter, over here, at least, I could pick up the Q10 and WideZoom and TeleZoom for about/almost the price as I picked up the Q and Prime Standard lens waaaay back in Sept 2011 :eek:. And, FWIW, these lenses and, especially the 06 TeleZoom, made all the difference in the world :) Along, of course, with the firmware update focusing speed increase ;)

Cheers,

Jack