1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New monitor recommendation

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by Ken_Moffat, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Ken_Moffat

Ken_Moffat Well-Known Member

2. Gordon_McGeachie

Gordon_McGeachie In the Stop Bath

3. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

I looked at that one on e-buyer but eventually went for Samsung 204BW as I was looking for a DVI capable monitor and the Samsung comes with all the cables and the picture quality has blown me away, in fact it shows how bad my 17" CRT was/is I'm now considering getting a 17" Samsung CRT so that I have the best of both worlds (Yes my graphics card can supply 2 monitors)

4. Ian_A

Ian_A Well-Known Member

How ordinary - mine does 3 monitors ... :rolleyes:

5. Mondas42

Mondas42 Well-Known Member

Kenny, I have that monitor on my daughters computer and for the money its fantastic. Not a dead pixel on mine, and a really good picture. But with this been a photography forum, I will just point out that it cannot display 16.7million colours (24bit). It will show 16.2 million, which is fine for normal stuff, but if you are wanting to use it for photography work, may be not as good.

6. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

It's an old card though ;)

7. Ian_A

Ian_A Well-Known Member

Strangely enough, so's mine, a Matrox Parhelia in my video editing PC.

8. Ken_Moffat

Ken_Moffat Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, I hadn't really thought about colour. I have looked around and will probably get a Samsung.

Thanks again.

9. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

I bought an e-systems 19" widescreen (made by Gateway) from my local Tesco, £119-99. Not that I use it much but it seems excellent value for money

10. NorthernMonkey

NorthernMonkey Well-Known Member

What sort is it? Mise supports 2, and I use 2 x HPL2045w 20" widescreen monitors, but I'd also like to plug in a 15" screen, so I can see how things look when i display them in 1024 x 768 lowres

11. Ian_A

Ian_A Well-Known Member

A Matrox Parhelia - it's on a PC set up for video-editing at work.