1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Met office forecast site

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dorset_Mike, Apr 17, 2019 at 12:41 PM.

1. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

What opinions on the new Met office forecast site? I think it's dreadful, you need to scroll to get all the information, the old one you had just about everything visible with no scrolling; plus the new site has less information, they've dropped wind strength and direction. They've probably aimed it at users of phones and pods etc, on the old one text would have been a bit small, surely if that was the problem then a "weather app" would be the answer for small screens and revert to the previous version for larger screen users.

2. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

If it's the site/version I'm using*, clicking on 'More Detail'' brings up the wind info you mention. Plus Wind Gust, Visibility and Humidity. But I have to scroll down slightly for that last one.

* https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast

3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I had some issues at first but got used to it quickly enough. It's an annoyance that you have to click more details to get the actually useful stuff but the horizontal scrolling works really well I think.

4. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

My point is that the old site did not require scrolling when using a PC.

5. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

My desktop with a high definition 30" screen is clearly obolete. It is useless. What we must have is an iphone xpensive.

AndyTake2 and Dorset_Mike like this.