1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New marketplace for photographers

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by Maroon, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Maroon

Maroon Well-Known Member

Hello guys

There's a new photography platform in town www.shootnroll.com.

Looks like they're finding people to sign up for their beta programme, we shall see if they can do better than all the previous companies that have come out.

Claret likes this.
  2. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Looks more like a "how to" site.

Cheers,

R.

3. Maroon

Maroon Well-Known Member

The business is being set up by a friend of a friend, Its definitely not a "how to" site.

He said its a platform for photographers to buy and sell their services with plenty of other benefits.

4. Claret

Claret Member

i literally just posted about perfocal.com this one definitely looks not as good though! they just used some sort of site-builder i reckon? sorry Maroon

5. Maroon

Maroon Well-Known Member

Perfocal looks like a very different angle, they give you a photographer rather than you being able to choose/compare.

From the photographer's side, it looks even worse, they take over 50% of earnings! (you earn £40 p/h while the client pays £89 p/h)

6. djnumberone

djnumberone Member

Does someone use this site?

7. Maroon

Maroon Well-Known Member

It's still being built, so not yet!

8. Claret

Claret Member

Just seen your reply, sorry :) I'm not very active browsing here recently!

I've checked perfocal.com 's photographer earning table, for the £89 package that they charge customers, photographer actually gets £60.

In my opinion, considering they've done the heavy lifting of getting paying customers and they also handle the editing part, it doesn't sound like a bad deal to me! as long as they can get some stable number of jobs, preferably not too far from me, then i'm definitely happy with it.

9. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Why di I get the feeling that Maroon and Claret could be either the same person or working together?

10. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

What!? Someone setting up glove puppets to publicise their site? On the internet? That would never happen. Would it? :cool:

11. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Surely no one would have two identities on an internet forum.....would they?

12. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

1. If you have any doubts, report the post, please.
    2. Do you really think we haven't checked out a thread like this? ;)

13. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

I hadn't read this thread for a while, the two main posters seemed to be singing from the same song sheet, along with their forum names both describing a similar colour seemed at best coincidental.

I did consider that it might have come to your notice, at one time I was reporting a number of dubious threads and/or posts, but lately they seem to have been screened out effectively.

14. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

We tweak the parameters over time to sweep up much of the nonsense, and we pick up a fair bit manually too, but it's always helpful and welcomed when people report things if in doubt - that way we certainly see it. :)