1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Lanark Clyde Falls - is it open

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by Wheelu, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

We're driving up to Glasgow tomorrow (3rd) - does anyone know if we will be able to access the path up to the Clyde Falls from New Lanark?

The website doesn't appear to give the information and I think that the 3rd might be a bank holiday in Scotland.

2. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

According to the website, the visitor centre was open today? I haven't been in years but I thought you could walk around at pretty much any time...there just might not be a cafe or gift shop open? Happy to be corrected though!

3. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

Thanks. I saw a timetable indicating daily opening, but then words of warning about bank holidays, so not sure what to think. Looking at the weather forecast things appears to be improving later in the week, so may call in during return trip.

4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

My recollection is also that the path is accessible any time, but the fairly extensive buildings housing New Lanark museum etc. may well be shut. There's a riverside path from the buildings or a wee lane which takes you there, gives access to the Scottish Water facility if I recall correctly. If you Google Map it you probably want the Corra Linn bit of the river, and you can see the road access and how to get there (in case the visitor centre/museum is shut).

5. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

Thanks Zou, I'll take a look at the map.