1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Firmware

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by PentaxManiac, Sep 16, 2013.

1. PentaxManiac

PentaxManiac Well-Known Member

There's a set of firmware updates for current and recent DSLRs - plus the K01 - on Ricoh's support and service page.

There are three issues covered;-

AF assist with the white light on the two new Pentax flashguns

Optimised contrast AF with the Limited lens series

Improved stability for general performance

As always, I think it's worth downloading and installing these updates even if you don't have the new kit involved because of the "general" improvements as mentioned this time.

2. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Whenever Pentax introduce new firmware they always say this. I wish they would expand and give us some idea as to what the general improvements may be.

3. PentaxManiac

PentaxManiac Well-Known Member

The Pentax User forum usually has a few people posting who notice improvements after loading the updates, usually just quicker AF.

4. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

I think Martin it's probably the placebo effect in as much as they think that AF, AE etc etc is faster or better. Still there's nothing wrong with that.

5. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

If my K-5 were any faster it would have focussed before I switched it on! :)
    Thanks for the link, though, I will download it.

6. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Thanks Martin and I'll do the download for my K-r and the K-30 as a fellow picked up a K-30 the day before the Firmware came out and he might as well go home with the latest firmware :)

Cheers,

Jack