1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New film, possibly

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by steveandthedogs, Jan 8, 2019.

1. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

I think it's Finnish and seems to be a traffic film now being loaded into 35mm. ISO 1000 and fairly low grain, it says here:

https://santa1000.com/

S

peterba likes this.
  2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Hmm, I like the look of the samples but unlikely to ever get hold of the stuff.

peterba likes this.
  3. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Yes, I rather like the look. It could be good - if it ever actually arrives onto the market.

4. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I think I'd much rather have "I'm Back" get into production. Film just seems too much like hard work these days. :(

5. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me who is coating film in Finland? Or ever has?

At the most generous, someone has got hold of a master roll of (now redundant) traffic film, at a guess Agfa or Gavaert but conceivably gash Ilford; boosted the ISO via a speed increasing developer such as Microphen; taken advantage of the fact that under ISO rules, 800 is near enough 1000; written a rather twee sales pitch; and hoped that the gullible will bite.

Support Ilford by buying good, fresh, honest film.

Cheers,

R.

David Loxley and John Farrell like this.
  6. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Could be, but claims it isn’t.
    Interesting to find out though.

S

Zou likes this.
  7. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Dunno, Roger. You're far more au fait than I, regarding the film market. My comments were simply about the sample shots, which I found quite pleasing. FWIW, I do buy Ilford film - and very good it is, too.

Zou likes this.