1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New arrival

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by Brian, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Fuji 23mm f2. "Sorry awaiting supplies " . Same story from Wex, Dale,
    Park, LCEAmazon , Jessops etc......."How many would you like"?from Ffordes.

In the old days 35,50 and 90 mm Summicrons were my favourite lenses, next year Fuji are going to make an old man happy.:)

And the new 35mm ? A cracker, at last Fuji have got the click stops right.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  2. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Hi Brian,

A co-worker, who got his XF23/2 just before he left on 3 weeks of holidays in Europe, just
    got back and loved his 23/2 and is selling his 23/1.4 and plans on trying the forthcoming
    50/2 and says he'll, probably, being selling his 56/1.2 ;)

Also, FWIW, our XF23/2's didn't last very long on the shelves ;) and glad that Ffordes were
    able to come through for you :)

Cheers,

Jack

3. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Funny that Jack, your co-worker isn't called Brian by any chance. ;)

4. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Hi Brian, was wondering for the last couple of days where you were and what you were up to. Hope all is well with you apart from the dent in the wallet and look forward to some more Fujipics. Cheers, Oly

5. Done_rundleCams

Nope, Brian, his name is Chris :) and he has a UK heritage ;)

Cheers,

Jack

6. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

The latter fact would explain his good taste. :)

7. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Hi Oly, Still around. Not doing a lot in terms of photography and my Photobucket seems to have crashed. Must try something else.

Have at long last got this new fangled digital thing beaten. Acos straight out of the camera into a properly hard profiled SC600. What's not to like?

Still, off to Brighton Wednesday, will take just my XPro 2 and the new 23mm, you will remember how I hate carrying anything apart from my debit card.

Biggest hang up with the xPro2? The X100T, now if that had Acros the choice would be far easier. Only joking but...............;)

Cheers.

8. Done_rundleCams

Indeed, Brian, and happy trails and good shooting on your travels to Brighton :)

Cheers,

Jack

Brian likes this.
  9. miked

miked Well-Known Member

I used the 23mm f1.4 and am very happy with it. I've looked at the 23mm f2 and it certainly has some very worthy features, fast focus and weatherproofed, and mention of the click stops is a further plus point..

10. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Yes Mike the 23mm f1.4 is an amazing lens as is the 56mm, just for me too big. I have both but neither see the light of day. Now awaiting the f2 version of 56mm although hopefully they will make it 50mm.

11. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

There is a 50mm f2 due for release in 2017.

12. Done_rundleCams

Your new baby will be arriving. as mentioned above, next year, at some point, Brian :) and, if I get a chance to see/play with it, I'll let you
    know.

Cheers,

Jack